Your opinion of Saab's. 2006 9-7X 4.2i SUV

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Looking pretty seriously at buying this Saab.

I have never owned a Saab and I am curious to your thoughts.

Thanks,,,

[Broken External Image]:

If I recall correctly, it's basically a derivative of the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier/Ascender line rebadged as a Saab.

Here's a link to Edmunds' review. Hope that's helpful to you in making your decision.

If I recall correctly, it's basically a derivative of the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier/Ascender line rebadged as a Saab.

Here's a link to Edmunds' review. Hope that's helpful to you in making your decision.:)

Saab was great, and the original 9 series awesome, that is until GM took them over and they started to slide. I'm basing this opinion on a friend who has owned several of the 9 series 2-doors, some new, some almost 20 years old.

TJR

I haven't heard of any problems with the 9-7/Envoy/TrailBlazers. The I-6 is a smooth engine, doesn't feel like it has as much low-end punch as the ol' 4.3 in the prev-gen Blazer/Jimmy, but it's a lot more refined, isn't coarse when you wind it out.

The Saab version looks pretty sweet from what I've seen at the dealership. Incentives should be pretty decent on them right now.

I've currently got a 07 9³ 2.0T SportCombi 60th Anniversary edition. Bought it new in Sept 07 and have 19k miles on it. Only main issue is rear-door window trim that won't stay in the channel, hangs down a little until you push it back up again. Overall it's been a pretty fun car, great for road-trips.

4-year/48k B2B warranty, 5-yr/100k powertrain, 3-yr/36k scheduled maintenance included.

This one is an 06 but is certified. So,, it comes with a 6 year bumper to bumper and or 100,000 miles.

That is a nice bonus to have.

As mentioned above, its a restyled Trailblazer, which is not a bad vehicle. I like it, and the interior looks nice. I would not pay too much of a premium over the Chevy, however. :cool:

And remember, Ford quality, according to JD Powers recently, is bettered only by Toyota. :cool:

Joe is right. I know several customers, both men and women, who drive an Edge and they all love them.

Latest posts