Zabteck CAI

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Timm

Reaction score
I looked at the pic for the V8 version of the zabteck CAI and I am curious why the filter is in the stock housing. It looks like it is a cone filter instead of the stock version. Is this as effective as a K and N filter that is a cone filter open in the engine bay?

The OEM air intake system ducts true COLD air from the front of the grill of the ST.....

The under hood filters on the 07 require baffle and get secondary air from around the headlight...

Todd Z

Ryan,

I have not received any emails.....

BUT we are NOT selling them any more.....

James ( Little Red) may be making the kits, I am not sure..

Todd Z

todd Z it is James S (Limited Red).

I am working on a Cold Air Intake Kit. Have to get the parts. As some as I get the parts I will test it and post it on the site. ;)

James S (Limited Red)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan,

See the thread linked below.

Todd,

Might be a good idea to make that thread a "sticky" for a while, so folks get the word...

well thanks for the info. Any advice on the KKM unit? part numbers etc?I am curious if I keep the stock tubing and then take out the air box and replace it with a cone filter. Is this possible? Aside from spending $320 on a K&M unit, is there another option?

Ryan

But the Cold Air Intake Kit will come back I am make them. So as I get the parts I start making them.

I will be ST Cold Air Intakes and More. I will post the Cold Air Intake as soon as I make them.

I am working on a Cold Air Intake Kit. Have to get the parts. As some as I get the parts I will test it and post it on the site.

It will be about the same price as Zabteck.

James S (Limited Red)

Ryan

I should the parts tomorrow and it then I have to see how it fix on my st. I will make them a look different. But it will PERFORMANCE the same and sound the same. I will posts them as soon I do that.;):)

James S (Limited Red)