Zabteck FULL True Cold Air Intake kit. Now option for front tube as well !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
After some testing, ( on Paul's truck of course !!!!! LOL) We completed the zabteck FULL true cold air intake kit !!!!

So now you can get the front tube from the MAF to the throttle body, all blue adapters, all clamps and the tubes.

The kit comes standard with NO BREATHER HOLE, But I can drill the tube if requested and supply the connectors to keep your stock breather tube.

OR you can purchase a Breather mod with the kit and then there is no need for the hole.

I am pretty sure this front tube will not work with the kits already out there, since we had to do special cutting.

This is for the person who doesn't have any intake at all, or wants to remove there intake.

YOU can also make a bracket and use the intake as a NON cold air intake, But that is up to you....

Pricing and availability to come..

Todd Z

HERE is the kit with the Stock breather tube.

[Broken External Image]:

HERE is the kit with the Zabteck Breather mod.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Zabteck. I am sure that ya'll will put out a great product and one of the few true cold air intakes. But do you get the little chrome wire cover with it.hahahaha._Ron

Todd:

After reading lots of posts about your intake and visiting your website, I have yet to find the true positive result this intake will have on my ST. i've read increased mpg, more hp and better response amongst other things.

What can you tell me that will convince me to but this intake? I know it avoids underhood heat and it looks pretty cool, but why should I install this on my ST?

Thanks,

Edited to add: Blue in color is the only option? I'd prefer black if possible.

Again, thanks

i've read increased mpg, more hp and better response amongst other things.

What sort of other positive result are you looking for? It's not going to help you get women, lose weight, win the lottery, etc. But, increased mileage, increased HP and better throttle response seem like positive results to me.

Adam, although, I'd like ALL OF THE ABOVE, I'm just wanting actuals specified by the manufacturer.

I have the Zabteck TB on my 05 ST and have experienced the results "AS DESCRIBED" on their webite. I find no actuals listed on their site for the intake and would like that information included. I know many on this board have reported their results BUT, I'm wondering why the Zabteck team has failed to describe the benefits on their site.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not inplying that Zabteck is in any way shape or form is hiding anything or selling a sub-par product, I'd just like to hear it from "the horses' mouth".

Mud: In your perception I did. Call me anal but, I'm still not satisfied with the "reports" that i have read here. I want to here what the manufacturer has that will convince me to buy this intake. My money is by far not free or loose these days.

Thanks for the replys

Dave, probably because this product was just released today. We get to have info a little early, and I'm sure the site will be updated soon.

The info won't change between now and when it's posted on the site, but if you have to wait to read it, then you'll have to wait til his site is updated.

Thanks for your reply George. I understand that the full intake is available at a near future date after reading Todd's post. But what I am seeking is the actual advantages that the intake has to offer. As listed on the Zabteck stie now, foregoing the "complete" kit.

Sorry if I appear to be a pain in the butt but I have dealt with Zabteck in the past and have nothing but high regards. I'm just wanting to hear from team Zabteck why I should buy the cold air intake.

Again, thanks

Dave,

See the link below... and yes blue is the only option...

Some of these mods are the "racing" type of a mod. The average daily driver would have no use for this... The cold air intake specifically will not yield a MPG increase at all.

Reason,

The colder denser air will requirer more fuel to maintain the proper a/f ratio.

But colder denser air, more fuel, means more HP, period.

Ever notice that on a 60 degree night your truck seems to run better then a 80 degree day ??

Why do you think every race car out there uses some sort of snorkel idea, or ram air, or hood scoop to get in air... POWER !!!

ALSO, on my site I do not say any thing that this cold air intake will gain MPG .

This is a 100% Power adder with some gained throttle responce...

Also if you have a stock intake, removing the noise limiting restrictions allows higher air flow at lower rpms, thus increasing power and MPG..

Hope this helps...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=956526&sitename=mysporttrac&LAST=2/10/2007_10:19:25_AM

Thank you Todd, I knew you'd come through. I have nothing but respect and good wishes for Zabteck, so I hope you didn't get me wrong. I have a faint memory of the linked post you directed me to. I tried search but it didn't zero in on what I was hoping to find.

Now that I know and understand what your colair intake will do, I will make it my 4th mod. Yes, I do know about ambient temps & barometers. From my A&P days, I remember 29.95 pressure and 59 deg F are the conditions in which aircraft are optimally designed and theorized.

As soon as I am able to to provide you with payment, I shall have your true coldair intake.

As always, thanks Dude...

I was told a thin metalic tube will conduct a lot of heat, dropping horsepower. Do you think so? I wrapped mine with header tape, told it would help. Pic in library.

Dave, your welcome...

Recharge,

The Heat Soak your talking about happens easier when the air filter is located under the hood...

During our testing, we hit close to 90 degree intake air temps with the normal open filter, then we tested it with the cold air filter installed and dropped the intake temps to only 2 degrees above the outside temps...

So due to the cold air flowing into the engine, the soak was reduced as well...

Todd Z

Hey Dave,

You are almost right, it is 29.92, and 59(15C). That is considered ISA or the standard that you messure from to get all performance in the air. 15 years flying the 727, I can't get it out of my head! Don't know if it applies here, but they higher we fly, the less fuel we use.

Rick