03' 4X2 XLT 85K miles - What needs to be done?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J DUSSICH

Reaction score
Posted this before, but now I can't find it.:btddhorse:

Recently bought my 03' ST & I love it! But I want to take care of it, at (now) 85K miles on the odometer, besides the regular drain & flush, tune-up., etc, what are some things I need to have replaced, looked at to keep her running tip-top?

It didn't come with a manual - looking to buy one on Craig's List or Ebay or maybe one of you has an extra?

A search will yield your previous post/relies...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1249422&REPLYCOUNT=11&sitename=mysporttrac

Have the front wheel bearings and ball joints checked out. I had to replace mine at 93K. I did not replace spark plugs until 95K. I replaced OEM Ford shocks with Bilsteins at 50K. Otherwise, the usual things: oil changes regularly, service the transmission about every 25K miles, replace the axle and transfer case fluids every 50K or so, keep the air filter clean, flush and fill the coolant every 4 years or so, etc. My ST has been trouble free for 6 years and 95K miles. Needs about 100 more horsepower, but I knew that when I bought it!