03 rear brake/rotor questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just hit 125K on my 03 and finally having to do the rears, and wouldnt u know it while I wasnt looking the right rear pad has chewed a real nice groove in the rotor so Ill just do them too. Question how are supposed to know if we have a plastic or steel piston on the caliper?

You can see the niiice rotor in my library.

Also anyone in the Knoxville, TN area wanna help me? I am just moved back from FL and no longer have a garage ;-(

I hope its very obvious when I get the rotors off cause I couldnt tell peering into there the other day with the tire off so I bought both kinds of pads and will return what I dont need.

If you have the phelonic pistons in your calipers they'll be a smaller three prong clip on the brake pad, be careful not to crack the piston ( I learned this the hard way, and had to replace bothe calipers ). When you go to the parts store they'll have two different pads for the rear, Phelonic smaller clip or metal bigger clip. Hopefully this helps out.

:banana:

Man and here I thought this was going to be a one hour rotor/pad replacement like on the rest of my vehicles I have had. Jerry thanks Ill be real careful when I look at them.

Latest posts