03 Sport Trac 4.0 Fuel Injector Dead?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Bailey

Reaction score
Ok, so I had a new long block installed after a valve spring broke at 265,000 miles. Now there is a misfire in #5 cylinder (P0305 and P0316 codes). Only kicks code after having sat for awhile. Checked the plug in #5 and it is wet with gas. After I start it and let it idle for a minute or two then rev it a few times it clears up and runs fine. Happens every time I drive it then let it sit. Before I go throwing fuel injectors at it, just wanted to bounce it off of the site to see if there is anything else that would allow gas to wet the plug after you turn it off and it sits for awhile. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks guys for your help.

Testing th OHMS of the injector will only tell the status of the relay part, but it doesent hurt to test them, Real simple and free to do..

Todd Z

Looks like what the issue was is that the head gasket or something has failed and it is coolant that has been causing the misfire. Going back to the mechanic that installed the long block and let him go back to AutoZone on a warranty claim. Go figure! :banghead:

Latest posts