03 XLT Front License Plate Bracket

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Pierce

Reaction score
First post, so, hey guys (and gals)!

I'm in the process of painting my plastic bumpers all the way around. I've done my side cladding and rear bumper cover but had to wait on the front due to rain...

Before I begin on the front, how in the world do I take off the license plate mount? I've yanked, pulled, and growled at it to no avail...I really want to paint the front cover with it still installed on the truck and just tape everything else off.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up just removing the bumper cover...way easier than I anticipated. Now I don't have to worry about getting paint on the rest of the body. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done!

[Broken External Image]:

Seth, I did away with the factory plate holder. Went more streamlined..Got rid of the bulk..

[Broken External Image]:

Would've gotten a pic up sooner but college is kicking butt... Here's the back, it definitely looked the worse. Also, the holes up front now aren't that noticeable and really don't bother me.

[Broken External Image]:

I followed this guide:

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/PaintingCladding/PaintingCladding.htm

However, instead of Dupli-Color I used Krylon Fusion Satin Black. I used a greenie sponge to clean it with. I did two scrub downs with a mixture of Dawn dish soap and vinegar then two more scrub downs with Simple Green. I rinsed really well between each wash down. Let everything dry and spray it on! It may not be necessary, but I let everything set a full 7 days in my garage with a fan blowing on it. It's holding up way better than I ever thought it would. The side cladding and back bumper are still perfect. The front bumper is still good, but there are two small (can't see them unless you're up close) chips from bugs hitting it.

Latest posts