'04 Trac reached 100,000 miles.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Yesterday on my way home from college my Trac rolled her 100,000th mile. She's in great shape and I'm looking forward to the next 100,000.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

P.S. In light of recent posts, for those of you who have lost your Tracs, and for those who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones recently, my thoughts go out to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
:supercool::supercool:

I still like your chromed XLT wheels, better than the '04 Adrenlins'...Better detail..:supercool:

Congrats, always nice to see a pampered ST.:supercool:

Thanks for the compliments folks. It's not the greatest pic of my Trac. I just pulled over as soon as I found the empty spot and took a quick pic. The wheels need to be polished soon as there are spots that don't come off with regular cleaning. Some areas on the painted tonneau are cracking so I need to touch those up. Oil and filter change, tire rotation both due. Needs detailing inside and out. I don't pamper her nearly as much as I used to. I've had to redirect my energy towards school, baby, and wifey. And it's all good! :grin:

I know what you mean about focusing on school. I haven't been able to give her a proper cleaning since August :sad:

I just rolled over 132k yesterday but it's more like 136 with my tires messing with the speedo and odometer.

Last edited by a moderator:
198732 here ........They'll do 200K with some care. Get ready to rebuild the front end. It will self destruct soon after 100K. My advice is to rebuild with OEM but other disagree. Anyway good luck.

I wish I only had 100k on mine. I am at 195k and it still runs good, I am pretty anal about maintenance though. Too many trips from St.Louis to Moab, UT and Colorado on mine.

Yes, and ball joints, sway bar ends, wheel bearings, pads, rotors all went between 100,000 and 115,000 miles

I live on a dirt road that gets salted in the winter. I didn't have good luck with aftermarket and went back to OEM with much better life. If you order online the OEM parts are not that much more.

As long as you maintain it properly these trucks will last quite a while, Chads being a prime example at almost 200k. Trac_511 thanks for the compliment haha.

Yes, and ball joints, sway bar ends, wheel bearings, pads, rotors all went between 100,000 and 115,000 miles

I live on a dirt road that gets salted in the winter. I didn't have good luck with aftermarket and went back to OEM with much better life. If you order online the OEM parts are not that much more

I replaced the brake pads/rotors all around about two years ago and the bearings looked good then (should've gone with OEM parts instead of Centric). I've upgraded the front endlinks years ago too. As for the ball joints, the wheels didn't have any noticeable play but then again, the Trac was on jack stands so I avoided vigorous shaking of the wheels.