05 Gauge LED light flickering issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guess I’ll join the club of failed LED bulbs in the cluster.

Rest of the truck, though different bulb but still LED, work fine still in the overheads, glovebox and Heater/AC cluster.

3 of the 6 went dark in the instrument cluster. 1st one started failing when the first -40c day came back in Feb, speedometer, then died a few months later. The 2 on the right started flickering about April, 1 now dead and the other close. 3 left side still going but I’m sure it’s gonna be soon. Not sure if the cold affected them or not.

I’ll just put back in Incandescent and call it a loss.

Well guess I’ll join the club of failed LED bulbs in the cluster.

Rest of the truck, though different bulb but still LED, work fine still in the overheads, glovebox and Heater/AC cluster.

3 of the 6 went dark in the instrument cluster. 1st one started failing when the first -40c day came back in Feb, speedometer, then died a few months later. The 2 on the right started flickering about April, 1 now dead and the other close. 3 left side still going but I’m sure it’s gonna be soon. Not sure if the cold affected them or not.

I’ll just put back in Incandescent and call it a loss.
like dejavu, tried LEDs in cluster several years ago with same result. Be sure to use low wattage inca bulbs. High wattage bulbs will melt the sockets.

like dejavu, tried LEDs in cluster several years ago with same result. Be sure to use low wattage inca bulbs. High wattage bulbs will melt the sockets.

You bet, I believe the 4 watt was the stock bulb.

But I seen these OTHER LEDs, maybe I’ll just try em 😜

Edit: @DILLARD000 Though I just noticed you used 3watt 194’s?

Last edited: