06 RANGER brake problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Well its been awhile since i've posted here. This morning i was going UP my hill which had about 6 inches of snow on it, and everything seemed normal until i noticed the abs and brake light both came on. Now when i got home i shut my truck off and turned it back on and the lights were both off. Everything was fine the rest of the day (i drove over 100 miles and nothing came back on), that is until i went down my hill this evening with about a foot of snow on it now. The truck again seemed fine then suddenly the pedal went almost all the way to the floor ( i had a constant pressure on it) and both lights came on and i started skidding down the hill. Now when i got to the bottom i noticed that the pedal would go almost to the floor before the brakes would kick in and then when they did it would be very harsh and a big pull. Once again when i turn the truck off and back on the brake and abs light r off.... Its an 06' ranger ext cab 4x4 29,800 on it. It had 4 brake jobs already!! so i dont know what to think now. Please help me guys!

thanks

andy szkutak

Last edited by a moderator:
Low on fluid or air in the lines. How steep is the hill? Also possible that you got some snow/mud over the ABS sensor.

Jeff, that was my first assumption- that theres snow on the sensor, but then why would the brakes have almost no pressure. By the way, the hill is probably a 30% descent to the main road...

Well, i just called the dealer, and they told me that they will look at it...He said it sounds like normal operation in that after a long skid down an icy hill the abs system will become confused and shut down..??

Any ideas on this??

Thanks

Andy

Latest posts