07 Back window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Geisen

Reaction score
Looking at local dealer lot. They have what I want except for the back power window. They said they will put one in at same price as if I ordered one. Has anyone heard of this or is it even possible. Joe

Ahhh...the things a salesman will tell you to make a sale...... Back when I bought my '01, I had wanted the audiophile system. The salesman had a dealer demo on the lot he was trying to move. Had it all except the audiophile. He assured me that he could add it in. Even left to go speak to the service department. He worked the price into the financing and we went on our way with an IOU from the dealer (On an official Kimnach Ford IOU pad....)Two weeks go by and no call from the dealer for the install... Called them up and they told me that it could not be done. There was no way that it could ever be added after it leaves the factory. Took the IOU back to the dealer to have it credited back to me, and they tell me that I was never charged for it even. They even broke out all the paperwork for my purchase and went through it. It was in there somewhere I swear.... But not in thier paperwork. The paperwork they had even showed that they gave me $2000 for my Grand Prix, but they gave me over 4k when we did the deal.... I was young and dumb then.... Whenever I drive by that dealer I am reminded of that deal, and can see that salesman sitting at the desk across from me. I still am not sure what he was looking at, as he had crossed eyes. I wanted to look over my shoulder to see what he was really looking at...

Bottom line: Don't believe them.

I wouldn't trust them. I worked out a deal on an "on the lot" 07 Limited that had everything but the satellite radio. I was assured that I could obtain an adapter and antenna from the dealer parts department to add satellite capability and that it would be available by the end of May. Still waiting and the dealership looks at me like I'm from outerspace when I ask about it about once a week. Referred me to Ford customer service. They were clueless. Now i'm trying to find aftermarket that will work with no luck. Bottom line, if you want the new back glass...wait for the new back glass. I wish I had waited for the ST I wanted instead of taking the ST they had.

The order code for the PDBL is 617. $245 msrp and $208 invoice price. I doubt that it can be added after it leaves the factory. Do a factory order with the options you want and get the truck exactly as you want it. F the salesman, he is not looking out for you.

I put my order in May 5th with the options that the dealership didnt even know about: PDBL, Nav System. After some research they found what I was talking about. Dont let them tell you you cant get it, thats crap. I removed the Nav system after finding out that it is a Pioneer unit that Ford told Pioneer to remove most of the functionality out of. I found a better, much better Pioneer AVIC-Z1 that does more than the ford unit does, with a bigger screen and its cheaper!

Johnny B-- Did you figure out how to get full functons on the Z1 yet??? You can flash you parking lights while it is booting up and it will unlock the lock that is on things when you are in motion... So you can find that Red Lobster when you are barreling down the freeway and hungry... My N1 used to function like this until I put on an update. Then it would not allow me to do anything while in motion. I had to be pulled over with the parking brake on. My wife was pissed because she was the one who would get to play with it doing the searching while we were driving.... I got to play with it when we stopped....

A1cntrler, There are a few hacks for the Z1 as well. I read about the flash the headlights 3 times and a couple others. I have not bought it yet so I have not read that much about hacks yet.

On the Avic411 site they have a hacks section for the Z1. Also if you didnt buy it yet they are getting a great deal from 6ave.com, the salesman name is Roberto and you have to tell him that you were referred from that site by Pablo. Check this link:

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:43 pm

My salesman promuised me they would put a V8 in my 02 Trac as soon as it was available. I'm still waiting. :rolleyes: