07 Bug Cleaning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
Anybody have any tips or products they use to remove bugs off the front bumper and chrome of their ST? I looked at turtle wax, but it looked like it was more for the paint, rather than chrome.

Thanks,

-C

Simple Green.. just spray it on.. wait a couple of minutes and spunge off with soap and water... learned it from a detail friend of mine...

troy

Of course, if you keep the front end of the car waxed, the bugs will come off quite easily. I prefer Meguiars NXT Tech wax.

SeaFoam makes some stuff called "Bugs B Gone" that works awesome!!! Its also safe for any kind of finish or paint unlike some of that stuff that will stain if it is left on to long. Most parts stores carry it I usually set it at O'Reillys. Hope this helps:)

In between cleaning, I just use quick detailer and a very soft cloth. Before washing, I use bug and tar wipes. I think they are made by Mothers.

Clay bar works great for any stubborn marks be it bugs or tar etc.... I just clay barred and waxed my ST this weekend and I could believe how easily it took off everything.

Latest posts