'07 Color Selection

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring back yellow! Ford needs to differentiate itself from the pack- a minority of people want the bright colors like Competition Orange or Zinc Yellow, but those who seek out and purchase those colors are very passionate and outspoken about their vehicles and are excellent ambassadors for the Ford brand. Too conservative a tack is killing Ford- even the Harley F150 is a plain black truck with stuck on stripes and chrome wheels- the '03 silver/black Harley F150 is a classic and still sells for damn near what it cost new.

Job 2 starts in July, the Job 2 orders are scheduled start filtering to Louisville in May. It's LATE APRIL and NOTHING is out on the new Job 2 options! I see something wrong with that. Ford didn't even update their website with production info on the Gen 2 until well after they started production. Ford should have SOMETHING out. When the Adrenalin Edition first came out in '03, (late availability) they already had the handouts with all the details in dealers when that model year just started coming out.

I'll also add that the website still does not acknowledge Charcoal cloth as an option in the 'colors' section. However, in the build section it allows you to select charcoal as the color, and later allows cloth to be selected. The printed brochure does show the charcoal cloth.

I know what you mean, Larry. I've got a few websites bookmarked that have ordering guides for Fords...one has the 2007 model year guides for almost all models, but still have "Job 1" guides for the ST.

I did notice that the ordering guide mistakingly lists "Vermillion" as a replaced color for 2007, a color name never used. Although the color code may be the same as Red Fire, I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator: