07 Computer going out ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Geisen

Reaction score
My 07 st just started acting up, turned the key and nothing no lights light up on the dashboard, engine dosent turn over. Disconnected the battery tuned the key started right up.

Two days later same thing happened anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like if you are messing with the terminals on the battery and after you reconnect them, that you have a grounding issue with the wires that attatch with the negitive terminal or the cables either pos or neg are loose going into the terminals. But, I'd check both ends of the cables.

I tuned the key and none of the idot lights worked including the odometer reading I checked the fuses and I disconnected the battery right before I was going to call the dealer for a tow. I then reconnected the battery turned the key all the lights worked and it started right up. This happened twice in three days 27000 on trac its still under warrenty, I"ll be taking it in and I was woundering if any else had this problem.

Did your dome lights work or total electrical shut down? Yeah, just let the dealer mess with it.

Still think that there's some grounding issue, haven't heard of anyone having a computer issue with the '07's on here......anyway, the dealer should be able to troubleshoot the issue.

Ford apparently has moved the quality aspect down the list. My 07 has a leaking oil pan gasket or a rear main leaking with only 37000 on it. As a Ford only man, at 38 I have bought my last one!!! They told me "out of warranty" They really know how to get the businss FORD SUCKS!!!!

I would think that a leaking oil pan gasket would be considered 'engine and drivetrain' just as a leaking differential or transmsion would be...

Tony, if ford continues to deny the claim. If you are using 100% syn oil. Switch to syn-blend. Some motors will leak with full syn.

Latest posts