07 Explorer shifter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant 1

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

My parents have a 07 Explorer XLT with a V6. The shifter gate backlight (the backlight where it says P R N D 3 2 1) has gone out, I took it apart but can't figure out how to replace the light. No fuses are burnt out so I figure its the light. It seems to be a white bar wit hthe light either integrated into it or a small bulb behind it. Any thoughts on how to fix or repace the light?

Thanks in advance,

Brant

Thanks Paul, They are leaving for Vegas soon and want it fixed

Brant

Last edited by a moderator:
The top of the console in the shifter section has two screws near the armrest and six friction fasteners along the top edges. The light is in a wire harness assembly.:( I'm not sure if the bulb (no part number) is removable or replaceable. It would seem that exploratory surgery might be required.:(:(

If need be I could get the assembly at cost and change it for them on their way to Las Vegas, I'm in Sacramento.:banana:

Again, thanks for looking Paul, I just found out last night that now they aren't going... go figure

So I can try ripping it all apart again and see what I can do. I will let you know what comes of it :wacko:

Brant

Latest posts