07 - First "OH NO"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Schultz

Reaction score
Had my first (I hope last) "OH NO" on my 07 ST.

Doorbell rang and it was my neighbor. They bought the house just 7 months ago. I was told that her son, maybe 11 years old, had shot my ST with his BB gun by accident. I went and looked and the passenger side front window was shattered.

They both apologized several times and several times she said give them the bill. I said OK and started to clean up. The boy came over three times and offered to help.

The husband got home from work and apologized some more. He said give them the bill, but be sure to also get it detailed inside to remove all glass. I told him OK and I appreciated them telling me it happened. If they would not have told me, I would have never known who did it.

He said "we're not that way".

Bad accident - good neighbors.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear but at least you have some well rounded neighbors. You handled it great by the sound of it and it's nice to know that they are willing to make it right. Good luck with everything.;)

Too bad about the Trac, but at least you do know you have good neighbors. However, a "shattered" window done by a BB gun? That's some BB gun!?? Usually you just get a dimple, but it doesn't shatter.

Glad they owned up to it, BUT i have found out you will NEVER get all that glass out, 5 years from now you will find a piece, in the door or wedged under something...

Todd Z

Todd - I'm more worried about small pieces cutting the leather.

bp - That is my major concern. I may ask the dealer to remove the seat and hand wipe it.

LOL - Like they would really do it.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbors probably would have stolen my airbags while the window was broken and then sued me for getting broken glass on the sidewalk. :(

My neighbors would have walked their stupid little terd poodle to my yard to take a dump, oh wait, they already do that.

Assuming you live in a residential neighborhood, I'm wondering why any parents would let their kid wonder around with a BB gun. That's just asking for trouble.

I had a 'Red Ryder' BB gun as a kid, but was only allowed to use it at my grandfather's farm, far away from any houses or cars.

Hope they do make good on paying the bill - since they came and admitted it, that's a start. Let's hope they don't allow Junior to use the BB gun in a residential area again.

Sounds like very nice people. I wish I would have gotten something like that when someone shot my old SS with a BB gun, made a nice lil spider web in the windshield, and the only note I got was F--- you written in dog poo on the driverside window. I just hope they had to use their bare hands for that one.

At 10 I had a .22/20ga overunder for bunny hunting. Nothing wrong with giving kids responsibility.

At 6 I was given an Uzi. Kept my folks on their toes and had them always rethinking their punishments. Every birthday and Christmas thereafter I asked for the same gifts: ammo.

It's never too young to give a kid a lethal weapon.

Out of curiousity, are there neighbors across the street? The only reason I ask is that I find it rather odd that the kid was shooting out in front of his house. If this is a residential neighborhood, one would assume that many cars, windows, houses and the like were within shooting range. It is also assumed that this child was not supervised if he was shooting at an object within his immediate site and did not concern himself with the ST right beyond it. Sorry, but that screams irresponsibility. I too had access to guns from a young age, but was never allowed to handle and/or shoot without supervision. Children don't consider what is beyond their immediate "bubble", thus an adult needs to be present.

In this case though, it sounds like the parents realize their mistake (as well as the childs - but moreso theirs) and are not only able to own up to it, but to also make it right. Personally, I'm glad this story was shared. In a world were so much negative is plastered all over the media, it's nice to know good, honest and respectful people still exsist.

Bake them a fuitcake for Christmas!:lol:

I agree. I think it is important to expand a kids responsibility, but it is equally (or more) important on the parents part to teach how to handle the responibility and supervise to ensure what is tought is followed.

you'll shoot your eye out

you'll shoot your eye out.

LOL

My neighbor would never have owned up to it. their 15 year old threw a snowball at my mother when we were snowblowing my drive way last winter. yes the snow blower threw some snow on their drive way, but he throws it back at my mother. what an idiot. i wanted to kill him

Steve, your problem is that you live close enough to a neighbor that clearing your drive can throw snow into theirs.

I have found the best neigbors are the ones furthest away!

TJR