'07 Fogs W/ High Beams?!?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Russell

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the mod for keeping my fog lights on with my highs, but cannot find any real information. The only thing I could find on here that was close was from the link below. The question was still unanswered. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1058179&sitename=mysporttrac

I too would like to know this info....I don't get why Ford makes the fogs go out when you use your high's.

I understand on the earlier year models, you removed a relay and cut one of the legs...wonder if this is true with the '07's as well :unsure:

I'm pretty sure it is illeagle in the US also.

So is not using a turn signal, but I've never seen anyone stopped for it!

HERE IN CANADA IT IS ILLEAGLE FOR THE FOGS TO BE ON WITH THE HEADLIGHTS.

Yet in Canada you must drive with your headlights on, by law. So what's wrong with 2x the light? It's how I drive in the US, it's how I drive my car--I can't take it any other way.

Don't wanna be a Canadian Idiot.....

Quote by Kevin L. "Don't wanna be a Canadian Idiot....."

Sorry, but I think anyome that drives around with FOG lights on all the time is an idiot...

They are for FOG, hence the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fogs on the trac are more of a driving light, clear lens. Helps light the road. I guess Iam an idiot. I use them all the time for more light.

They seem to work really well as road lights, as Fast Eddie put forth.

Especially with my Silverstar Ultra 9005 bulbs. You could almost drive without headlights on the setup. Almost.

As for your quote of my quote, I couldn't let a sanctimonious all caps post go without some say, especially when it is counter-intuitive.

Would Canadians care much if I drove with Extra light? I doubt it. I drive with my lights on all the time, and did so in Canada without even thinking about it.

However, the Border Guard didn't even _mention_ the Daytime Running Lights law, nor did he inspect our passports, which was frustrating, because I wanted to see if I could get a stamp in the brand new passport. I assume Canada can do that, even though it is a border in name only.

I would hope that the Canadians wouldn't prosecute for this offense, as it is impossible to have the ford stock "fogs" on without having the running lights on, which qualify as headlights.

I think it is illegal to drive with fogs and HIGH beams, not normal headlights.

Rocks

Bad news. No cutting a leg on a relay.

I checked it out today. Would require fairly extensive wiring harness to be made. *adds making foglight wiring harness to list of things to do*

On a lighter note, almost all of the interior lights in the '07+ are actually LEDs.

Thanks for checking into it Dingo...

I was hoping to be able to use my high beams with the fogs staying on.....no big deal though since I rarely use my high beams.

With these new Silverstars......I really don't need the high's unless I want to blind the guy coming at me with his brights on. :D

Andy, I had looked at a fog-high beam thread on the 2004-Present F-150 forum. Their mod seemed fairly straight-forward and I wonder how similar our wiring is to theirs.

I remember wiring my fogs to the highs on my Contour SVT and it was a piece of cake. Of course, I also had the high beam bulbs in the low beam spot, so I always had enough light to see the deer well ahead of time.

Hey desertfox'07 . . . . you mentioned a modification to the Driving Lights; removing a relay and cutting something or another, in order to use the Driving Lights and High Beams. I have an '01, do you have detail on the Mod. you mentioned?

By The Way, I'm an idiot too ;) I drive with my Fog/Driving Lights on too. :blink:

Scott, with the new computerized system, it's just not gonna happen. The high beam signal never even touches the relay. In order to do it, you'd have to make a harness for each side of the car with a relay and plugs for the headlights. I drew up a schematic at the shop today and I can promise just the cost on the parts required to make it PnP would be over $40.

Yeah, I'm the idiot with the original post. Still looking. Now I "see" why Dingo says this isn't just a clip or jumper here or there.

Still like to have them on always. I put Silverstars in the fogs (not sure if they were 9005 or not), but they'll burn out in a year probably. Ultras not yet available for the 07 High/Lows (H13?).

Still need more light, without adding aftermarkets.

Latest posts