07' lifter noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony stewart

Reaction score
My 07' limited v8 just started making a funny noise during first minute of start up, has anybody else experienced this? I change the oil religiously and do all oil changes myself. It has 62000 miles on it and was wondering if its covered under warranty if its internal. I have some mechanical know how and it sounds like a lifter pecking.

There were some things with crank or cam sensors, or other internal things, it is not your fault, it is a manufacturer issue....

Hopefully some one can chime in with more info..

Todd Z

If it is internal will it cost me, since I do my own maint. and dont go to a Ford dealer? I also seem to be developing brake problems(plenty of fluid). Are master cylinders expected to be a problem with the trac?

What exactly is the funny noise? I have an 07 limited v8, and at 90,000 miles I started hearing a ticking sound from the valvetrain passenger side rear. Thought it was the typical stuck lash adjuster noise. At 100,000 miles driving on a back road, sudden loud internal engine noise and rough running, 4 powertrain codes. Limped back home. Took off the valve cover and found a rocker bearing on an intake valve froze, chewed up the cam and finally broke off, taking valvekeepers and spring with it. Valve stuck closed so no engine damaged occurred. Replaced camshaft, rocker, valve spring, keepers, lash adjuster and just past 115,000 running better and quieter than ever. The ticking was the cam lobe hitting the seized rocker bearing. I have some pics if interested.

Last edited by a moderator: