07 LIMITED V8 or V6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Is worth the extra bucks to get a V8 or get a V6?.Base on some of the comment i have read the power of the V6 and V8 isn't much difference, and the gas milage is almost the same

I know the V8 has a 292 HP and the V6 is 215, but I was told the V8 is very sluggish and doesn't worth it.What you guys think?.:huh::unsure:

Thanks

The v8 only feels sluggish because of the "ramp in" to save gas and emissions...

That can be removed by retuning the truck

I am on the fence my self.. I don't need the v8, Yes it would be nice, But i don't tow any thing, and IF i got an 07 I would not have the green to mod the crap out of it.....

The v6 has a better geared tranny as well so it is quicker....

I know the v8 will yield you a higher resale value...

Todd Z

From what I've read, the V8 is 'sluggish' only due to poor programming on the ECU. Once they had the dealer reflash the computer, the transmission worked much better with the V8.

If I was in the market for a '07 Trac, I'd definitely get the V8. Larger towing capacity as well.

Get the V8, better to get it than regret not having it later. Especially if you're a performance / mod freak.

If you think you might ever tow with it then get the V8. If your like me and just use it to go to work and back and occasional trips to building supply stores then why waste the money.

I've drove both and purchased the V6over the V8. The V8 did seem slower off the line so to speak. The 6 seemed to shift better as mentioned above. So I'd go for the 6 and save some $$..

Well thanks guys. Now i have to do my home work.I'm more in to HP power , and that would be the reason I'd get the V8.My wife has a Nissan Titan and i love the raw power you get off the line or even if doing 70mph .it to bad Ford scrap the Adrenalin program:(