07 owners poll

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cover and love it.

Front one: almost never, but it does have a tarp and jumper cables in it. I do like the folding chair idea. I might throw that in there too.

Back left: Stores straps and bungees.

Back right: has a compressor, but is removed often to store liqour or a six pack and ice. (note, exhaust on left doesnt mix well with cold beverages).

thanks everyone. i have not used mine and forgot about them. it just seems if you have the cover the one in the front is useless

I wanted the tonneau when I bought the Trac to keep stuff for my wave runners locked up and golf clubs and what not secured. I didn't get one when I bought the truck because I planned to go back and get it (they didn't have one at the time of purchase). This was in June. I haven't been back to get one yet, and haven't really needed it.

As for the storage bins, I use them occassionly. I keep rags and bungee cords in there, the rags, for when something gets slung all over my truck driving on the highway (like this morning) and the bungees for incase I ever need them. And I usually keep a spray bottle of quick detailer in the bin as well for same occassion as rags. I also like to keep my hitch or hitch cover in the bins, but the two side bins are too small for the hitch, and the big bin the hitch slides all around, so I don't put it in there anymore. So I would say I use them a little more than occassionly, but I am glad they are there. Not sure if I will ever get a tonneau cover though.

Can only access the large one in the front if you climb in the bed. Don't use it.

Back one on the passenger side holds bungees.

Back one on drivers side - not used.

I DID however, try a few beers with ice in one of the back ones. The brochure shows cold drinks with ice... so I tried it.

Ice melted in about 20 minutes - lol. Beer got warm and I threw it out. Ford owes me 2 New Castles!!

The beer on ice in the rear bins works if you line it with plastic so the ice water doesn't run rite out. I think i'll try to find some removable screw in plugs that will work.

Ice melted in about 20 minutes - lol. Beer got warm and I threw it out. Ford owes me 2 New Castles!!

You do know that if beer get warm, you can put it in the fridge and it will get cold again?

Tom