'07 Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe B 4

Reaction score
Anyone found shocks that fit an '07 + other than stock? Looking to improve the handling of the Trac and can not find any listings on the major manufacturers that I am aware of. Almost 2 years in the making so I would think someone would step to the plate.

Thanks in Advance.

Since you live in SoCal, find a local 4 Wheel Parts store and go in and ask them about what will work on a Gen 2 ST. They will look up in their catalogues what will work, or be able to physically compare your stock shocks to what they have on the shelf.

Joe said:
Anyone found shocks that fit an '07 + other than stock? Looking to improve the handling of the Trac and can not find any listings on the major manufacturers that I am aware of. Almost 2 years in the making so I would think someone would step to the plate.
There is nothing yet.....

Patience young Jedi!

I feel the Stock setup rides really soft on my trac (for now hee hee)

What are you wanting to do to yours? make it a more comfortable/softer ride!?

Nope, need a firmer ride. Hauling my quad the other day, made a quick evasive manuver and had major roll. This was in a controled area and intentional at low speed to see how it would handle in real life if needed. At a higher speed, I would be really worried.

Also, on bnumy roads the stock shocks loose control pretty quickly. I would like a nice tight, responsive ride. Other than that the Trac would be a great handling vehicle.

NOt yet Dingo....but hoping it will arrive by Turkey day! Not exactly sure when they will get installed though....HOPEFULLY before Christmas!

You ever get a tracking number?

Nothing? That sucks! I find that hard to believe. I am about to lift this thing 3" with a kit from http://www.roadbully-offroad.com and I have to run with the stock shocks/struts?! WTF?

Here is one company that makes a lift for 02-up Explorer with IRS

http://roadbully-offroad.com/2.html

3" strut spacers lift kit. Also can do a 3" body lift as well.

Here is a thread from another board about it...

Shocks are shocks, to say there is nothing for the gen 2s is B.S IMO

Measure them and how much they travel, Am sure there are many shocks that will fit and function just fine.