07 ST V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, I know I keep saying the 01 ST is never gunna go. But with the NEED for as much HP as I can get... I dont see 300HP being what I really want in the end.... And thats probably what I can max out at with supercharging, etc.... So I got looking at the new 07s last night, and dreaming of the V8... I put the new 07 Trac pic beside the SVT Adrenaline Concept car, and see that there is not that much of a difference and thats what I wanted since the moment I set eyes on it.... Too bad they wont be producing these babys.

ANYWAYS... A couple questions about the 07 ST.

First... What kind of horse power could I potentially get out of a 07 - V8? Like are we talking 500+? Im willing to dump cash into it for sure if thats possible without removing things like A/C ;)

Second... Lowering. I *HAVE* to drop my vehicle. I am absolutely in love with lowered rides. I heard this is very hard to do with the 07 ST's due to the suspension... Is this true? Is it just the 4WD thats hard to drop? Can I drop the 2WD? 2-3"

Third... My Current 01 ST I have wheels that I really like, and are almost brand new. Will these wheels fit on the new 07ST? 20" 9.5" wide, +35 offset.

Thanks!!!

XST

Lets see you could S/C the V8 and also add a shot of n02 maybe some headers, exhaust and maybe some internal engine mods. I don't know if that will net you 500+ ponies but its a start. You can lower the 07 with a lowering kit for a newer explorer I believe someone on the site has lowered there 07 I think don't remember the name tho. I have no clue about the wheels tho.

Why mod a truck to get 500hp? Just buy a Shelby GT500 Mustang and drive 'er off the lot with almost that many horses stock?

Sorry, this is only 450 hp, but it seems like a pretty good start. And it's only about $10,000.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
XST - what is the reasoning behind all the HP in the 2007 ST? Just trying to get a grasp as to why. 4800lb truck with 500 HP? I hope your planning on bigger brake setup and changing out the shocks too. The St was never designed to handle that kind of HP on the stock parts. Plus, kiss your warranty good buy when you start modding the engine to get that HP.