07 V8 engine noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Marshall

Reaction score
My brother bought an 07 V8. we have noticed a clicking sound on the passenger side of the engine. Has anyone else noticed this? The dealer says it is normal but it didn't do it the first few days he had it. Any info greatly appreciated.

If it is more like a knock then a click you likely have a cam phaser that needs replacing. This was a common problem on the 04 and 05 F150. This was discussed before in the following link

and his final follow up. Moral of the story? Take it in to get looked at and don't take no for an answer. I had the same crap routine with my F150, they told me it was normal. I took it back and said if it is normal what is it? They said it was the injectors. I said funny, I thought the injectors were on both sides of my engine, why does it do it on one. They then said it was my lifter springs. Once again I asked why only one side of the engine does it. So keep on them and make them explain why only one side of the engine does it. Like an above post mentioned, fire up some other ones on the lot and see if they do it.

Good luck with it.

Last edited by a moderator: