08 owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
A good friend is considering an 08 purchase. He's concerned about the 13 MPG on the window sticker. What is the average mpg you are getting? Thanks, I will pass along the info.

P.S. he's looking at a V6

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gary,

I have the 08 STA with the v8 & AWD. If just around town and it is hilly here I get 12.5. On the highway I get 18-20 and I like to hit the v8 off the start. From what I have seen the v8 gets as good as the 6. I hope that helps.

I live along the Jersey shore and have a 15 mile commute. I average about 14-16 mpg. A recent trip to Maryland got me about 19.5 on the highway. This is an '08 limited, v-8, 4wd model. Good luck!;)

I have an '08 V6 4x4. My driving is a mix, more city than highway, and I average about 14.5 on most tanks. I reset the mpg thingy at every fill-up.

I added a Gibson cat-back exhaust a few months after I got it. It helps the highway mpg but doesn't make any difference in town. I've seen as high as 23 mpg when I kept it at 65 mph on a flat Interstate in Florida last year.

i would get more information on V6's because according to the EPA estimates it gets worse MPG's than the V8.

I have an '08 Limited 4.6/2wd. My normal driving is 19.4, probably 75% hwy. On 100% hwy, I get 21.5-22 mpg @ 70-75 mph. 100% city nets about 16-17 mpg, I rarely do a full tank at 100% city, so this might not be accurate.

I took a trip with 4 adults and loaded with luggage/stuff and towed a 4000 pound boat/trailer from Houston to Tennessee & back, averaged 15.5 driving 65-70 most of the time.

I dont think the V6 will do any better and the V8 fun factor is higher. By the way, the 4.6 takes about 18,000 miles to break in and wake up. Dont understand it but right around there, everything got better.

I have '07 V8 4WD and I average 13.5 if I just leave the onboard MPG calculator alone to let it accumulate months worth of driving. This is for ~60% city/40%highway driving.

Best I ever got was 19.5 overall driving South Carolina to Missouri last Spring.

Don't get the V6!

The V8 gets like 1 MPG less than the v6, but the V8 is what really makes it a cool truck!

V8 sound

V8 smoothness

V8 Torque

V8 HP

V8 = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::cool::cool::banana::banana::banana:

I have a 2008 V6 Adrenalin with AWD and I consistently get 16.6 to 16.8 around town driving and 20-21 on highway driving when I drove from Virginia to Ohio 8 times last year. I've never gotten less than 16.6 for the entire year I have had this truck.

2008 V6 4x2 I get 14.5 in town and about 19 on the freeway. That's with me calculating the mpg. DO NOT GO BY THE MPG COMPUTER....it is wrong. If your are concerned about mpg this is not the vehicle to get

I have an 08 STA and average betweeen 14.5 to 15.5 mpg usually and about 85 percent of my driving is in town. On the highway at 75mph I have averaged between 20 and 21.4 mpg

I have an 08 V8 4x4. Currently averaging 17.8 for the life of it (29k). That's measured by tracking the gas and miles, not the computer. On highway trips I get about 20 while my usual mix of stop lights with some highway averages mid 17s. The 17.8 factors in some towing, hauling and ridiculous Northern Virginia traffic (lots of time spent in stop n go traffic). For what it's worth, my 02 V6 4x4 averaged 18.46 for the same driving. Less than a one mpg difference. I have the Magnaflow and it sounds awesome! I only had a couple thousand on it when I got the new exhaust, but the mileage took a noticeable drop (~.75mpg).

Edit: My mpg computer is within .1 or so of what I compute using gallons added and miles driven.

Latest posts