'08 V8 Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
My truck has started what seems to be a downshift when I'm driving, especially coming to a stop. I've read the posts regarding the infamous tranny "bump". Could this be a similar issue? I've got 21,000 miles on it now and it seems to be getting more noticeable lately. Thanks, Tim

When you mention "...a downshift while I'm driving,..." - does this happen while your cruising or while your decelerating to almost a complete stop?

If its the later... that's the famous "tranny bump". :smile0001:Take it in and get the TSB done.

If it's the first, that's something I haven't heard of until now. :smile0005:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,

IF his 08 was built early 07, then the updates did not make it to his truck....

Those with newer 08 and 09 have no issues..

Todd Z

believe me, NO toy plug.

i had my trac back 3 times to no avail. not to mention the ford svc dept thought i had 3 heads are were annoyed by the fact i wasn't happy.

i do beelieve this issue is still out there on the newer models as well.

either way, this is an issue that should have repaired from the get go.

driving it everyday and experiencing this problem was very frustrating.

Tranny gets 'confused' on using 1st or 2nd gear when it slows to about 5mph to zero?

Did this problem happen with mine? -- yes

Did the first TSB fix the problem? -- after appx 7K miles, no

2nd attempt -- yes

After 2nd updated TSB, has been fine for appx 20K miles.

I can only speak for mine, but the latest reflash is working out great. Yeah, some have said the reflashing hasn't worked out (not sure which TSB version). Perhaps this is chalked up to idiot technicians not knowing what the heck they are doing. This is the major gripe I had with mine (tranny & non-tranny related).

Go ahead and take her down to get her reflashed.

I have an 09 Sport Trac Limited V8 w/6 spd auto trans, purchased Aug 09. From dead stop, accelerate up hill and Transmission shifts into 2nd and remains there, revs above 4,500rpm and will not shift up until you remove your foot from accelerator or manually shift into third. Also, the shift, when you remove your foot from the accelerator, is much delayed, very noticeable before upshift. Reference the "Bump" mine will do so intermittently when manually downshifted into 1st.

Latest posts