09 Sport Trac V8 6 spd Auto shift delay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Gardiner

Reaction score
I purchased an 09 ST Limited V8 Aug 09, while driving up a hill from dead start transmission will shift into 2nd and will not shift to a higher gear, 4500rpm plus and no shift. If you take foot off accelerator it will upshift eventually but not immediately. Dealer test drove and acknowledged that condition exists but states that there is no TSB pertaining to same. Any suggestions? This happens consistently and I hate to hear it holding those revs, I have to manually shift into 3rd.

If the dealer acknowledges that the condition exists, then make them fix it.:angry: Isn't your Trac under warranty?

My '07 didn't get stuck while driving (I also never changed it), but it would get stuck in park several times a week. Took me 10 min to wait for it to unstick one day. Luckily it was under warranty and they changed the shifter. Turns out it was just a bad one. They said not all of them were doing it but ones off a certain line were complaing about it so they changed it. No problems since.

Latest posts