14 Basic skills all men should have

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that GPS is a wimpy way out of reading a map. If you, as an American, can get around London using a good old "A to Z" map book and not having to stop to ask for directions, then you're a real man.

b58e8297898a8606229d84a56274e308.jpg

Dude, if you can navigate your way around London without GPS you are a stud.

I don't see any mention of firearms handling, yet we have to sew a button??? Uh, ooookay...

Dude, if you can navigate your way around London without GPS you are a stud.

Been there a few times. All I use is the A to Z or memory. What I found mindblowing is the fact that I was able to get from Heathrow to a friend's house in Birmingham without even looking at a map. And I hadn't been to his place in over 15 years.

I agree that GPS is a wimpy way out of reading a map

Well that would be why they said land navigation with a map or a GPS. Both require a certain level of skill.

Real men are smart enough to have a GPS give them directions on the fly rather than looking like a putz on the side of the road with a map, in a day and age when you can get a GPS for the same price as a couple of tanks of gas.

Real men embrace everything at their disposal to get a job done. Then they blow that stuff up so they can do the job again better.

"Why look to the heavens to navigate the earth?"

Well, because you can see all the roads better from up there.

Now if you're off the road in the woods or mountains, you better know how to read a map.

I don't see any mention of firearms handling, yet we have to sew a button??? Uh, ooookay

Real men are born knowing how to handle firearms. You have to be a real man to learn the stuff real men don't naturally know how to do. Real men also don't need firearms, they can knock the fillings out of one guys teeth, swallow them, and piss bullets at 32 other guys.

A real man would know that, man.

The comment was that it shouldn't be on the list, as real men swim freestyle.

Real men don't need to swim. They can use their truck to bog across the water, or walk on top...

I am a 13.5 of 14 (or 14.5 of 15:cool:). The Dress for the occassion thing get's me once in a while... at least according to my wife.

The next question is... Breaststroke.... are we sure that they are talking swimming??

Chuck Norris doesn't swim, he punches the water out of the way.

Is that like saying a helicopter doesn't fly, it beats the air into submission?

Our local search and rescue is getting really good at finding the tourists who rely on their rental car GPS. :D Someone really should warn people that those GPS aren't always accurate as far as finished roads go when you are talking about rural areas. Out here, many roads are planned but not all of them are finished. However, if you are looking for Grand Canyon West and you leave the pavement, that doesn't mean you're lost. It just means you aren't there yet.

JerryA....you actually went to Yucca on purpose? Didn't know people did that unless they were visiting the Ford Proving grounds. Of course it isn't Ford anymore, it's Chrysler.

Last edited by a moderator: