17" or 18" Factory Wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay czura

Reaction score
hey, i am a rookie here since I bought my first ST a few months ago so this is my first post. i down graded from an 02 F150 Supercrew, but I still enjoy the ST a lot.

I have an 03 4x4 and I want to upgrade the stock 16" wheels (255-70-16) to either the standard Explorer 5-spoke 17" (245-65-17) or the 5-spoke Ford Freestyle 18" wheel. In both cases I am almost sure the lug pattern is 5x4.5 for the 17" and 18" wheel. Can anyone confirm if either of these wheels will fit the 03 ST?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

The explorer wheels will fit I believe you will need spacers though. Michelle has done this and has had no problems. Not sure about the freestyle wheels.

thanks guys - i am going to bag the 18" idea and stick with the 17" 5 spoke Explorer wheels. any ideas how to get in touch w/michelle?

Ask and ye shall receive... <a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/profile.asp?sitename=mysporttrac&memberID=1493&PageHeader=Member%20Profile"target=top>Michelle's Profile</a>

Her profile does not seem to mention the spacers but I swear I've read around here before that she had them installed because the Explorer rims stuck too far in (wrong offset), leaving an odd fender overhang. I did a bit of research on this myself as I was very interested in this option as well. Goodluck!

Latest posts