1st road trip in Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Skolnick

Reaction score
Well Friday I returned home from a 3000 mile trip. Boca to Boston and back! Had the back stuffed with oh about 400 lbs. of tools. The ride was great. Always kept my speed to about 7-10 mph over the speed limit. (cruise control helps)

The trac handled the wieght well. I got 19+ mpg without A/C running and around 18 mpg with the A/C. Other than getting rear ended in dead stop traffic heading home on I-95 in connecticut the trip was a good one. I'm gonna need a new rear bumper, but I'm waiting for all the bs with the insurance, cause I'm not shelling out $500 and wait to get it back from the brain dead dude that caused the accident. I used to look at porche suv's and think pretty cool. Now it's, hmmm

I wonder if this guy is fiddleling with the crap on his dash or watching traffic in front of him???? The guy that he sent flying into me stopped when I did. We where at a complete stop for a full 2 minutes before the crash! The best part was when the guy in the porche told me he was leaving cause he didn't hit me and his car was fine. This happened before the police were called. Needless to say I went totally postal on this guy. He stayed, and was given a ticket. Well no one was hurt, thank god, and now I'm home with my family. Thankfully I was alone.

It's good to be back!

When I'm stuck in traffic on the interstate, I constantly pump my brakes to keep the brake lights flashing... I know it's saved my butt several times from getting rear ended.

Old farts in Porsche don’t pay attention to their driving. You should have flung your door open, fell out on the ground and immediately started complaining of back pain. If he can afford a Porsche he can afford to pay for your pain and suffering. I’m afraid I would have gone postal just for hitting my Trac.

Glad no one was hurt but hate to hear about your Trac.

He tried to say he wasn't responsible for the damage to your vehicle...since he only hit the vehicle that hit you!?! That's rich! I hope both of you take this chump to the cleaners.

I came home from work the other day and a situation like this was on court tv, my kid was watching it. The one who caused the accident was making the claim that they were only responsible for the damage to the vehicle they hit. So, the person in the third vehicle had taken the chump to court. The judge didn't buy that and said that responsibility for damage to both vehicles was theirs since...she caused the entire accident.

Sorry to hear about your Trac Mike.. Where in Boca are you located? I might have seen you a couple times.

Darin, in projects is a post to install a flasher to your high mount brake light. Takes about 10 minutes and $3.00. I completed the project and it is simple and perfect. One caution try to find the quietest flasher you can. I hear the flasher clicking inside the cab when applying the brake.

Glad your ok, and Had a safe trip..

Todd Z

Latest posts