2-3 flare!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Hey, All!

Sorry it's been so long, and I hope you all are well. Been busy with school and work, but now I got a question! The trac started the 2-3 shift flare about a month ago, with 46, 000 miles.

I can actually see the tach flare when she shifts. Went to Sloan Ford in Columbia, TN. and told them of the problem. They said that they are aware of it, and they actually have a TSB on it, but since I'm out of warranty they are wanting to charge me $65.00 to re-flash the computer and a $65.00 diagnostic fee! Other than that, she's been fine! What do you all think of that? Should I be persistant to get it done for free, should I give in, or what? I can't afford $3,500 for a tranny when the 2-3 clutch pack desintegrates, as my son and daughter-in-law just had twin girls July 3rd, and we're helping them out!

Thank you all, and I miss this place!!!;)

You might want to try Dingo's fix first, might save you some $$$

If it works for you, pls report on here how it works for you to share with others that have this same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingos' fix is for the '07 '08 trac 6spd auto.

TnB, I would look into a good trans shop other than ford. A trans flash not going to fix it. If it is caught soon enough. It could be a $500 to $700 valve body repair as some have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried this on one of the earlier models? I didn't know that this was restricted to just the '07's or '08's.