2 black colors?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
What is the difference in the 2 black ext colors on the 09's? Black clear coat, Black Pearl clear coat. The dealer has 2 limiteds in each color.

Black Pearl probably has metal flakes in the paint that give it a sparkling, metallic appearance. Black clear coat will just be flat Black (not to be confused with a matte finish).

Black Clearcoat (UA) is the "classic" gloss black. Black Pearl Metallic (T9) is not a true black, it's a dark green slate hue with fine metallic flakes.

I have the black pearl, not green or black... just a very dark grey with metalic flake in it. Looks very nice!

Denise,

Look at my photos. I have an 09 black pearl. Its more or less a graphite with metallic flakes giving the effect of a darker green and gray. Can really see the flakes in the sunlight. The pictures don't really do the color justice, but give you an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow my 09 is 100% grey with metalic flakes but NO other color, green or otherwise. Just a nice dark grey with the shimmer of the flakes...??? Regardless, I love the color, much better than a standard gery or Black, more so in the desert LOL

We have the same color, I'm sure, it's just subject to interpretation. I didn't really see the green either until someone mentioned it to me. It has to be in direct sunlight to catch. Ironically, I swear to everyone that my couch is grey when everyone tells me its green and I'm a moron

I will drive my trac tomorrow and try to take a shot outdoors in the desert sun. I swear, there is NO green in my Black Pearl... but then again, only had is two months now... but looks like all Grey and some Black flakes... will update tomorrow if I can