2 Tall Boys and a bag of weed under the seat of a brand new Dodge Charger SRT8 but have a question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
A buddy who's a powertrain engineer with 3 kids decided to upgrade from his Dodge minivan to SRT program he is directly working on. He purchased the car new however, driving home he heard rattles underneath the seats. Didn't think much of it but he was installing the child car seats and saw 2 Bud Light tall boys emptys under the driver seat. Removing them, he also found a bag of weed. He did call the police to report the weed but he wants a new car. The dealer is not budging. The car had 50 some odd miles on it prior to purchase. Should he demand a new car?

might just be leftover from a "test drive" or where a salesman took it home one night, if the car is "new" and nothing else wrong, i wouldn't worry much about it, jmo.

I would be furious myself,,,

You would think the new car would be easy to get as if not,,, the information would be in the newspaper next.

Is there anything wrong with the car? No, but they need to inspect their vehicles better. That is the angle I would be concerned about.

If yo don't care about drunks and pot smokers using your vehicles, then I would be concerned about the safety of the vehicles you allow on the road...

It's a good thing you're not in the military. If that situation happened to me and I was stopped at the front gate of the base, 21 years of service would go right down the toilet. No way to explain that a new car had that stuff in it.

Yeah, on obama's online town hall meeting hoojit, many people brought up the issue of legalized weed.

Maybe Chrysler's new CEO is taking the suggestions of his potential customers seriously.

21 years of service is creeping past the 20 year retirement mark...

KL, Military personnel can retire at 20 years if they desire. They can also serve more than 20 years, and up the 30 years, if they keep getting promoted, if eligible for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is asking for a replacement vehicle. I would assume he's retaining an attorney if that doesn't work.

Mountain out of a molehill, typical of litigious society. What was found has zero impact on the vehicle. I would call it a funny story and thats that. I can send the baby a pacifier......

Whats the big Deal, he bought a demo, two beer cans and a bag of herbs.

Granted, thats wrong but no reason to demand a replacment Car.

I had a rattle in the pass side door on the Roush, after pulling the door panel what I found made me happy, a 12mm proto socket:banana:

no big deal.

sure, it sucks that someone (most likely a few people) at the dealership took his vehicle out for a joy ride, but im hearing about this more and more and it seems like it is becoming common practice.

I heard a very, very similar story from a friend of mine about a co-worker who found beer cans in the back of his brand new car only to find that the only person at the dealership to have taken the car before him was the manager.

Also, my best friend bought a 2006 GMC Canyon a couple years ago. During the test drive, the salesman let it slip that he had taken the truck up to a campground about an hour away the weekend before and that a few other of the sales people had also "borrowed" the truck for personal use.

Latest posts