2002 passenger side mirror probs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim OLeary

Reaction score
The punch list is growing on my 2002 ST.

The mirrors always move when I use the controller, but not in the exact direction expected. SO I am unable to return the mirror to the position I want.

The driver side seems better (less a problem)

and the problem is intermittant.

I'm already planning on removing the driver side door liner to service the electric lock so maybe i should figure on servicing the driver mirror while it's all apart.

is there a good aftermarket manufacturer of these?

Is a trim removal tool worth getting to pop the inner door trim?

thanks in advance

I'd suspect the controller switch. I understand that it will pop out without removing the door trim, but since you will have the panel off, be sure to look at it.

Right.

It appears it pulls out, and would be real easy to replace.

A great place for me to start!

Maybe all it requires a little contact cleaner.

thanks for the feedback!

This has happened a couple of times to my 2001 trac. What I do is take the panel off, get the controller/switch, take it apart, spray it with contact cleaner, then put everything back.

If you have your trac washed. Tell the people not to spray the armorall on. Wipe it on. When they spay it gets in the switches.

Another thing is. Try pushing the mirror alittle beyond the dirertion it wont go. Then use the switch to move it where you want it. The mirrors can get pushed byend there movment. Then have to be manually reset. Dont worry about the ratcheting sound, normal.

Latest posts