2002 ST CODE P0302 HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim OLeary

Reaction score
The truck was running poorly, then the CHECK ENGINE light started flashing. ( never did that before). The code is cylinder 2 misfire.
What wrench setup is required to remove this plug? I removed the plastic cowl and am wondering what the rubbery wires attached to the back are all about.
Got the plug wire off, and can see the plug, but am asking what is the best tool to remove/reinstall with out damaging the plug? I got a socket with an integral pivot extension on it, but it's mighty close quarters in there. This a bad week to not have my truck. Thank God I am in Florida, and the cold spell is very mild (60's-70's) days. My whole life had been Long Island and Charlottesville winters which are IMHO pretty cold. Merry Christmas. TIA

Hard to say specificly what fits; have here various plug sockets + swivel rachets + wobble extensions, so tend try several before finding what works in a given situation.

Last edited:
...number and brand of the ignition coil
Would not waste time\money on an aftermarket CoilPack, such as an Accel# 140035 or the like.
Best to use a stock OE FordMotorCraft# 90tf-12029-a1a\dge446
Click here for more info on this Ignition CoilPack+Wires+Plugs.

2001.Ford.ExST_Engi.Igni_3000_Coil.6plg_Ford.90tf-12029-a1a.GIF

Last edited:
I agree I replace mine with a Delphi and lasted only 1 1/2 years. Stick with Ford.

Latest posts