2005 Adrenalin ABS, Check Gauges always on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DT Knives

Reaction score
No solution to this problem. I have a 2005 Adrenalin the ABS light is always on when the key is OUT and drains battery. Truck starts and runs fine with NO ABS warning light. Turn off truck and the ABS light comes on and stays on. So far I have done the following:

Pulled every fuse 1 at a time. -Light still on
New ignition switch -light still on
new key switch and cylinder -light still on
disconnected wiring from ABS pump and started truck -light still on
Drain capacitors on PCM and reset -light still on
sent my cluster out for repair -light still on
purchased a new cluster, same model and manufactured same week -light still on

anyone seen this before?

Have you been able to determine the light source and trace the wiring back from there? Just a thought as there could be a short in that wire.

T
Have you been able to determine the light source and trace the wiring back from there? Just a thought as there could be a short in that wire.
The only thing I notice,is your gas gauge still read full when you turn it off. Also your temp gauge is not dropping down either. That tells me, that power is not completely off to the cluster. You may have to check every wire plugged into the cluster until you find one that should have 0 volts but is reading 12. Then trace that wire back to it's starting point and that's where the problem might be. A lot of work, but you have to start somewhere

T

The only thing I notice,is your gas gauge still read full when you turn it off. Also your temp gauge is not dropping down either. That tells me, that power is not completely off to the cluster. You may have to check every wire plugged into the cluster until you find one that should have 0 volts but is reading 12. Then trace that wire back to it's starting point and that's where the problem might be. A lot of work, but you have to start somewhere
ok went and started my 2002 Sport and when turned off, the gas gauge stays. The battery gauge goes down. On the other hand when I looked at the new/used 2005 cluster just sitting on the shelf, battery gauge shows needle in the middle. What that means, I don't know

Sadly has to be a short in wiring or pins some where or an air bag part or module.

Latest posts