2006 ANYONE ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Thurau

Reaction score
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE 2006 SPORT TRAC'S LOOK LIKE ??? NOTHING ON THE FORD SITE, JUST THE 2005'S.

I think the exhaust exit was switched to the drivers side with the new Explorer designs.

[Broken External Image]:

Yes they are Ed...there will be no 2006 Sport Trac. The next gen will be out early next year as an '07.

fy10lyny-

While the next Explorer and ST will look similar (if we are to belive spy shots), they will not be on the same platform. The Ex gets a new platform, and the ST gets the old Ex platform, and if we are to belive X, with some changes to at least the rear suspension. Just somthign more to confuse everybody.

Well Trav, the more confused we are, the more we have to talk about for the next 4-5 years til they update again. See, Ford really is watching us and knows how bored we are. The more confused we are, the more of us will buy them just to figure out what's goin on, and so goes the conspiracy theory.

I saw the 2007 on Hines Drive here in Michigan, heading away from Dearborn.

I was so excited, my girlfriend thought I lost my mind. It was in somewhat heavy traffic (for Hines) and was going the other way. Had the big cover over the front and all kinds of stuff on the body, white just like the one above. If traffic was less I would have turned around and followed it just to find out where this magical vehicle was going.

Ok, not quite that far, but it was very cool to see.

GM, that's supposed to be a big part of the reason (probably the only real reason) why we're going to Dallas instead of L'ville this year. They are supposed to unveil the next model at the fair.

Dan, that is the SVT. All they did was take that ST and repaint it, rebadge it and change the seats and interior colors. That was how the concept ST was released for Detroit. They changed it to the Adrenalin for the NY show.

[Broken External Image]:

Can't say I'm real fond of any of the mockups pictured above. I do like the clean look of the bed without the stupid exterior tiedowns. That was one thing I never used on my old ST.

I hear ya Spaceman! one of the reasons I am going :)

07 model unveiled...and yet will not be for sale just yet!!

*tee hee* Aren't we gonna be the lucky ones!

I don't know what I would do if Ford eliminated the tie downs. I use them on a regular basis.

Tom

Latest posts