2007-2010 V6 Tranny hard shift fix?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Jones

Reaction score
Has anyone here performed the fix as described in TSB # 09-22-15?

It's the one where the A/C drain leaks on the tranny connector and cleaning, dielectric grease, and patch kit. did it solve your problem?

Mine just started doing it at 51K. It sounds like an easy fix, but I don't want to waste the time and money if a 'real' fix is out there.

Oops. Sorry, 9-22-15 not found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not link. Found searching "TSB 9-22-15"

TSB 09-22-15 11/16/09 5R555 TRANSMISSION - CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON - VARIOUS DTC'S - WATER INTRUSION FROM A/C DRAIN INTO TRANSMISSION SOLENOID BODY CONNECTOR - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2009 FORD:

2006-2010 Explorer

2007-2010 Explorer Sport Trac

2006-2010 Mountaineer

Some 2006-2010 Explorer, Mountaineer and 2007-2010 Sport Trac vehicles built on or before 8/12/2009 and equipped with 5R55S transmission may exhibit a check engine light with diagnostic trouble code DTC P0713 and/or various transmission solenoid body connector related DTCs. This may be due to water traveling down from the A/C drain into the solenoid body connector on the left side of the transmission.

Found complete repair procedure. See post #3. GL

I have had 4 Gen 1 Tracs and now own my 3rd Gen 2. My current Trac is an '07 V6. I have had the 2-3 flare with my earlier Gen 1's but I assumed that would be resolved in the Gen 2 5 speed auto trans. Am I incorrect and do some Gen 2 5 speed auto trans have the famous flaw?

Both Gen2 Tracs I've owned (previous 07 V6 5R55 and current 08 V8 STA 6R60) had transmission shifting issues - issues that have been widely discussed on this forum and elsewhere. For my two cars the only valid fix was visits to Ford dealership to get the transmission control modules reflashed to latest program. My experience may or may not be germane to OP's problem.

Both of my Gen 2 V8's had shifting issues. Even tho they were annoying, my understanding is the issues were software problems only. Have any members of this list had Gen 2 V6 trans issues similar to the mechanical problems characteristic of the Gen 1 transmission?

I was original owner of an 02 Gen1 2WD that my son still has, now at 110K miles. We've not had any transmission issues, not a one. This Trac gets a steady refresh (evac through dipstick tube, refill) of AMSOIL ATF. Runs great.

Re-posting: Both of my Gen 2 V8's had shifting issues. Even tho they were annoying, my understanding is the issues were software problems only. Have any members of this list had Gen 2 V6 trans issues similar to the mechanical problems characteristic of the Gen 1 transmission?