2007 Pics from Texas State Fair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole rear window may roll down like the Toyota Tunda 4 door truck. Other than the gaudy chrome grille, I like it. And it's got Michelin tires! :)

Wow, I'm in trouble now! :rolleyes: I really like it. I think the poor resolution of the images (phone camera?) don't allow you to see the split rear window (which I love and use daily on my '02). It's there in the pictures on the Ford news website. Whew, I was worried for a minute. A V-8, more goodies in the bed, better handling... all on my wishlist. Looking forward to more pix.

According to Edmund, a 6-speed auto is optional, probably only mated to the 292-HP V8, ABS, traction control and side airbags will be standard....according to Edmund's.

They can keep it...the front grill, the goofy-looking 'chrome' roof rails, the independent rear suspension, no roll down rear window...no thanks!! Like everyone has said before me, hope the SVT is better looking...if it is, I'll have it as a second vehicle...as for my 4x4's, if I can't lift it, I don't want it.:angry:

Hi-points though are the V8 option, drilled/slotted rotors, wider and longer, no plastic cladding, and probably the interior is nicer...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it- seems more integrated than the current style, smoother and wider- more like the Ridgeline!(LOL). I have to see the tiedowns up close- they look funny.

Generally, I like it. I like the grill, I like the changes to the lights (front and back). I'm not yet sure about the changes to the top of the bed or the tie downs--I think I'll need to see them in person before determining an opinion. Same goes for the changes to the appearance of the side mirrors.

I definitely don't like the non-opening rear--that alone would convince me to not buy one until it's fixed. I'm not a big fan of the change to the door handles. And the chrome roof rack looks a bit too Xterra-ish to me.

And the gas fill cap is on the wrong side. :)

scott--just grow a few inches taller, and your sleeves will clear the tie-downs. :) At 6'4", I've never caught them even once in three years.

I tore two shirts not walking by but reaching in to grab something in the back of the Trac. The tie-down covers I bought are one of the best investments I made.

[Broken External Image]:

it looks like the 07 featured on fordvehicles.com has the rear window like ours... also there are some other pics posted here that it looks to be the same (power down like ours)....

who knows... they would be silly to stop selling them with power down rear windows. EVERY four door truck should have that in my opinion....

Latest posts