2007 Rear Window Option

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Kalama

Reaction score
Aloha fellow members,

I put down a deposit to order an '07 Mineral Grey Limited!! (I'll be sad to let the white ST go though). I saw that a couple of members have said that they ordered their '07 with the "Power Back Rear Window". The dealer says they can not see that option in their system (the Ford website shows July availability). Not sure if they are just B.S.ing so they don't have to delay the order etc.

Would anyone know a product code or anything that I could pass on to the dealer for this option? It would be much appreciated!! I really want that option as I'm not that tall and I lower the window on my 01 Trac when reversing at night sometimes (I have dark tint too).

Anyway, thanks in advance and I hope to be posting some pics of my new Trac for ya soon!

Mahalo,

Take Care,

Kalama :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalama,

Should be an option in Job 2. I think availible at the end of July ? Others will post soon, I'm sure.

:)

Its called Power Down Back Light, PDBL and the order code is 617. $245 MSRP & $208 Invoice price.

I ordered my '07 Limited on May 5th with the PDBL and I have a build date of June 12th and a delivery date of June 26th.

Cant wait to get it, I got leather and all that good stuff. Cant wait to see some pics of you and your new ST too!

Thanks Gypsy~me~ and JohnnyB!

JohnnyB, Thanks for the product code and MSRP info.

Its funny that you guys know the dealer's business better than they do!

Take Care,

Kalama :)

Ordered mine as well with the PDBL. I don't have a build date yet though. Order just went in yesterday. Should h back soon!

Congrats Kalama!

I test drove one but am not convienced yet , mine is ALMOST paid off <6 months

I too would have to have the back window option!

Missed you in Kailua last two weeks!

spent ALOT of time at Kailua beach near the boat ramp

Lanikai and Bellows beaches.

ate at the Shack in Kailua twice

ate hot Malasadas almost every morning, when our Friend BULA brought them over, yum!

Saw lots of Sport tracs 20+ a day but only two white ones :)

ALOHA!

j2

I ordered mine 4-21 with the power window. We have 3 Ford dealers here and I visited all 3 and only one had enough brains to do some research and find out that it was available for special orders at that time, but 5-1 was the date to start production with these power windows. These other 2 dealers are still picking their noses, I haven't told them my ST was to be built last Monday.thanks to the only dealer that wants to sell a truck. The other dealers will call me and say the window don't appear to be available yet. Stupid Dips!!!!!!

Awe, no problem Kalama. as you see from the other responses, Ford must have changed their tune hearing all the complaints about the "what no back window?" ha ha Congrats to you all future newbie 07 owners :)

I love my 04 :)

Welcome back Kakama,:) you havn't graced us in a while. I had thought about the 07 'Trac but my 01 still runs good and I like the idea of no car note, although the 07's are very tempting. According to my dealer, the PDBL(Power Down Back Glass will start hitting the dealer lots in early July. It will be harder to resist the temptation then.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S If you need a Pin, please e-mail me and I can get you one quickly and save you a bit of coins.

I had the same initial thoughts about the '07. Its not astheticly a night and day difference from the '01.... I'm not really sure about the chrome front and there are some chrome accents inside that look a little cheapy-ish (the chromed ring around the instrument guage and chome door handles). Maybe I'll post a "project" to change it, haha.

But...The ride was soooooo nice when I test drove it. We have a LOT of pot holes here. It is quieter inside. No rattles. I also got the 8 cyl at the urging of my friend (kind of stupid with regular gas at around $3.30 a gal in Hawaii). The rear hatch is sooooo much lighter now and easy to close with one hand. I like the gear shifter on the floor. Leather seems better quality. Two-tone camel color looks good!!!

I got the safety canopy, audiophile stereo, convenience electronics, big ass wheels, adjustable pedals, bed extender, and yes, the rear sliding window (dealer called me later today to say they "found" that option after I left them a message with the product code..thanks again for that guys.) I think I'll add a rear back up warning sensor (see condition of current Trac below, haha). They tell me it should be about 60 days to get the Trac. I'm still not sure of my choice with the metallic mineral grey, but I wanted something different. I think when I tint the windows it will look good.

A little motivation to make a change....My current Trac has leaky roof, two busted tail lights, 6 inch hole/tear in the rear fiberglass area (ok, so I don't back up that well!!), needs new ball joint whatevers, brake pads, running boards are rusted all over, broken air conditioning. Anyone want to buy it?!!:lol:

I looked at alternatives to the Trac, but still believe it is the best choice and best looking of the bunch!!

<B>So ... in 60 days or so we are in for some new '07 ST Kalama pictures ... right?</B> :cool:

Kalama,

No worry, beef curry. Production on PDBL started 6/5. (I.e., 3 days ago.)

- R

"Oh, don't git your panties in a bunch." - Wolverine, to Storm in simulator

Hey Kalama. Glad your still keeping with Sport Tracs. As always we welcome any pictures you want to post.

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Aloha TomT and Johnny B,

I'll take some pics of the Trac when I get it in a couple of months if you want. Hey, you've seen one Trac you've seen 'em all!!:lol:

j2,

Sounds like you had a great time here. I was at Buzz's around the time you were there. Sorry I missed ya! I live closer to the Shack in Hawaii Kai....

Aloha!

Thanks Tom, I'm glad I'm sticking with a Sporttrac again too. This support (and fun!) from this site was a part of my decision.

Mahalo Nui Loa Ka Ko! Makapiapia. :D

K,

I was at Buzz's too! what night were you there? Love the salad bar!

I had the 17 oz. Prime Rib mmm Ono! " Brok da mouth"

Also watched Mauna Lua (friends of my friend in Kailua) perform at Waikiki and then went to Nick's Fish market for Dinner on Saturday, I have them on Digital video tape if you want a copy :) on DVD

We will be back most likely in a few months.

Jack

Jack,

I was at Buzz's the weekend before for an early dinner. Its a great spot. Kind of strange a steak house only takes checks though...When your're here next in a few months, you'll have to look for grey metallic Trac instead of a white one (it better be here by then!!). Nicks Fish Market is a great restaurant (you have to try John Dominis if you haven't yet). I live on the East side near Hanauma Bay so I go to the Hawaii Kai Shack or Kona Brewing usually. Give me heads up next time you are here, maybe my boyfriend and I could meet you for a beer. I think the group is called Mauna Loa. (lua means toilet, haha). Translated to "Toilet Mountain" :lol: Caymen will be here with his wife in October. Will you be here then?

Take Care!!

Kalama