2007 Shelby Mustang GT500

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are going to be limited edition cars? What I want to know is do you need to order them now before they stop building them? And how long does Ford plan on building them?

Thanks,

They will be built in quite limited numbers each year, but I've not heard exactly how long they will be built for.

At least having your name on a dealer's list will help in getting one. The mark-up on them will be pretty bad. Not as bad as the GT, but still bad. I wouldn't doubt that some of dealers will try to sell them for $75-100K.

A co-worker ordered one about a month ago. Dealer required a $10k deposit and he was told it is scheduled for February. I think they hit him up around $65k.

They are making 5000 a year. I wanted one, but they're getting $35k over MSRP for the convertibles, which lists for $48k, So I settled for a GT Cali Special.

The only dealer in the area here is selling them for 75K-85K That kind of money spend it on a Roush Stage 2 or 3 Mustang. Or, take a GT, add a supercharger and do the suspension work and add the body kit for about 25K less...LOL

Wait a bit...they'll build them for a minimum of 3 years (the 03 Terminators did the same thing with the price, and finally they went down to MSRP after about 10 months).

SST,

That's what I told the dealer... I'll keep my GT with add ons, and get just as many tickets in the GT as I would in the Shelby, and I'll have $50k left over to pay for the fines and traffic school!!! :cool:

From what I'm hearing there will be 8000 a year made which is more a year then the entire run of 03-04' Cobras.

This time next year they should be well at MSRP or below. I've tuned one stock and I'll be tuning another Monday with a pulley and intake, made 464rwhp stock with a tune this one should make well over 525rwhp+

Thanks, Doug

The only dealer in the area here is selling them for 75K-85K That kind of money spend it on a Roush Stage 2 or 3 Mustang. Or, take a GT, add a supercharger and do the suspension work and add the body kit for about 25K less...LOL

The fact that it is a Shelby is what is causing all of the hype and excitement. The Shelby American Automobile Club has already established registries for these cars, recognizing their prestige as a product coming from the legendary Carroll Shelby. A Roush or other Mustang won't bring the same price in 20-30 years as these new Shelbys.

In 2005 a new generation of Shelby Mustangs was unveiled. Carroll Shelby was back at work with the Ford Motor Company, and his hand prints were all over the 2007 Shelby GT500 model. The excitement these cars created was amazing... even before the first one was completed. With cars promised for summer 2006 delivery, a veritable feeding frenzy took place and Ford dealers found themselves besieged with potential buyers. Before long they were accepting orders, but only with surcharges of $10,000 to $25,000 over MSRP. Many of these buyers were already SAAC members, but those who weren't were invited to join the club and participate in its activities with this newest generation of Shelbys. Before the first car was completed SAAC was already setting up a registry so the histories of these cars could be recorded from Day One. The same thing was going on with Ford's new Ford GTs.

Carroll Shelby is not a one act play. No sooner were the details finalized on the new GT500s then Shelby and Ford announced they would be teaming up with Hertz to provide that company with a black-and-gold rental version of the Shelby Mustang, called the Shelby GT-H. The 500 examples produced proved so popular that Shelby and Ford followed that up with another model, the Shelby GT - another Shelby Mustang positioned between the standard Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. Before anyone could catch their breath, Carroll Shelby had pulled three rabbits out of his black cowboy hat and a new generation of Shelby owners was created. Each of these new models will have its own registry and its own following.

Last edited by a moderator: