2007 Shift Problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Limited SportTrac, which I had at the Ford Service Dept yesterday. I have been

having problems with I go to slow up or stop, the truck jars (not every stop) at first I thought it might be my brakes, because the Rotors had good size grooves in them (you could see them with the naked eye) and I have less than 10,000 miles on them. The Ford dealer turned the rotors, (which I would think they would replace, since the rotors should not of worn like that to begin with), but I am still experiencing the same problem when I slow down. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem, and if so, have you had it resolved yet?

I am taking my truck back to the dealer again next week. I find this problem annoying, and can only guess what type of permanent damage it might be doing to the transmission

Gatorgirl, take your truck back and ask them to reflash your PCM in reference to TSB 06-13-01. I have included a link that was provided by another ST member that contains the TSB details. Several people have had this done and it resolved their issue.

Dealer would not flash mine, as they said that that TSB only applies to vehicles built prior to May 4th, mine being built in July. It doesn't matter that mine appeard to be doing the same thing as described, Ford would not authorize them to do the flash under warranty...

Mine shifts extremely hard between 1-2 in situations like I am stiing in traffic and inching forward. Makes a loud "clunk" and shakes the truck (I can see the bed jump in my mirror). Freedom Ford in Norfolk said there is nothing listed to correct this problem at this time, but if a fix is released they will call me...

Thsi is why I should just keep taking it to Freedom Lincoln Mercury here...I always get better service from them. In fact I bought it through Freedom Linc. Merc, but had to take delivery at the Ford dealer, as they are not authorized to take delivery at the Linc. dealer for Ford vehicles...

I have a 2007 ST XLT V-8 4X4 with less than 1500 miles that was built in July. I have noticed weird throttle/acceleration/shifting patterns with this truck since I picked it up. It is not anything that is upsetting, it is just odd little things that don't seem normal to me. I have always bought new GM and since this is my 1st new FORD, I thought it might just be me.

Don't get me wrong, I am 90% happy with it so far but when you need to change your driving habits to adjust to a vehicle, it makes you wonder. I am making a list for the dealer when I take it back for service.

The first thing I noticed was that it shifts real quick through 1, 2 3 and sometimes when you get into the throttle, it snaps to life but other times it just doesn't...it's a little sluggish.

The next thing I noticed was that the throttle has kind of a "lag" to it. So much so that when I pull UP my driveway and into the garage, I use two feet(one on gas, one on brake) because when I throttle into the garage, it seems like it will accelerate for a split second longer and it gives me the feeling that it may run into my workbench. Not real bad, but it's a feeling that I get from the ST.

Last, the transmission has odd shift habits and some times when stopping the transmission seems to have a slip or lag when you go from stopping to accelerate in short order. It's more like a lag in acceleration or like the tranny can't decide what gear it wants to be in.

I'm not sure if these are transmission or throttle issues or maybe a combination. I can live with it but I just feel that you shouldn't daily get these driving feelings from a vehicle in this price range.

Everyone I know loves the look of my ST. I have put comments in my surveys to FORD and no one seems to care so far. We'll see what the dealer says at service time.

The Sport Trac Website is a great asset to all of us ST owners and I am glad that I found it. A lot of great information on here!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hav the downshift problem on my ST. Had the TSB done and it got worse. The truck would really bang hard coming to a stop back into first gear. So hard the truck felt like it was getting rear ended by the car behind me.

Had my original calibration put back in and the problem happens alot less often and when it does it is not as noticeble, but with the TSB flash I did not even want to drive the truck.

Gus

Yeah, I don't really care for the little odd shifts that the transmission does but changing it makes me even more nervous. Not sure what to do when i take it back for service. Mine is the 6 speed....it that what everyone else is having problems with also?

Gary:blink:

Latest posts