2007 Sport Trac not moving at local Dealerships

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
The Ford Dealers in South/East Pennsylvania do not seem to be selling any 2007 Sport Trac's.The first Sport Trac's that arrived in the total area sold fast but the later arrivals are now just collecting at the dealers.Some dealers have not sold their 1st Trac in over a month. How are the sales in others areas of the country.Note their are 10 Ford dealers with in a 25 mile of my home.

I was out in Wlkes Barre/Scranton area over the Easter weekend and they had them buried in the back. I stopped to look at them and the salesperson that came out had no idea about them. The only way he knew if it had a v6 or v8 in it was by looking at the side of the fender for the v8 symbol. I just shook my head and walked off. I still haven't found any at my local dealer in DuBois. Must be really buried inside the dealership.;)

I pass a Ford dealer going to/from work everyday, they've gotten a total of maybe 7, I belive only three have been sold. For a while one was up on the ramps by the entrance. They are keeping them in the front, as best as I can tell...dunno how many, if any, are in the back.

I don't think they're moving any less than anything else right now. Even cars that should be selling like hotcakes aren't. Take my husband's Honda Civic Hybrid. With gas prices climbing by the day, one would think that would be sold before it arrives at the dealer. But it sat on the lot for WEEKS before my husband decided to buy it (and by that time it was marked down - which is even more bizarre). Dealerships are so desperate for sales around here that they're opening on Sundays when they're normally closed.

We drove by a Chevy dealer and they were marking down their trucks 30%. And there was nobody even looking.

I think with gas prices going up, people are just not going out and buying vehicles since their budgets are strained.

I hope the dealers around here get some major info smacked into their sales people about the STs. I see they sit around the Portland Maine area. Last sales guy I spoke with asked me why I would want a V8? The other one ask me if my '02 had a V8? I'd hate to give them "Sport Trac 101" classes. Or it could be the $3.00 gas too.:angry:

I live in the Greater Pittsburgh area and have yet to see an '07 ST. I drive by a Ford dealer daily to work...and I have taken a couple of trips out to the dealer I bought mine from (20 min. out the road). Neither dealer has yet to get an '07 ST.

Dan

They seem to be moving pretty well in Northern VA. I've only seen one that stayed on the lot for more than a week or so. It has a small ding in the door so that may be why that particular one is still around. Finally saw one on the road, Dark cherry limited.

The RSC (Roll Stability Control) is completely adjustable to remove any of the 3 features it uses to auto-correct the vehicle, look at the owners manual, there is 5 pages on how to do, not too difficult and it goes from completely off to a number of different combos when combined with 4x4 high, low or auto...I tried it out this weekend, it works (albeit it resets once you turn it off and you have to re-adjust, but it is all button pushing, easy. And who wants to turn it off on a 4x4 anyway, at least one that isn't going to be rock-climbing?

I think people are scared to buy ANYTHING right now. After all, most people don't buy a car every few months. My trucks are 7 years old and 3-1/2 years old, both bought new. With gas prices so high, people don't want to buy something that gets bad mileage. On the other hand, they also don't want to be stuck in traffic in a tiny car when everyone else has huge SUV's and gas is back down to $1.75. I think they are waiting to see what gas is going to do.

There has been a white '07 ST in front of Bob Moore Ford in OKC for over 3 weeks. I checked it out last week, and it was WAY overpriced. I saw the Toyota FJ Cruiser the same day. Both of the FJs have sold, and I saw the black one in my neighborhood two days ago. I think the new ST has disappointed a lot of potential buyers. We all were ready for the SVT Adrenalin and all we got was an overpriced XLS model.

The dealer my Fiance works at has two Tracs. Nobody have come in to look at them. Personally, I think the new Trac is a dud.

The dealership has been pretty busy with an average of 10 cars a day getting sold.

Tom

I think the rear window will help sales a bit. Can't see the limited slip making a difference though. As I understand it, the Control Trac essentially does the same thing.

The complete lack of advertising for the ST is weird to me. How does Ford expect people to buy it if they don't know it exists? Those who frequent this site represent a tiny fraction of the potential market out there, and I would not know the ST even existed this year if it weren't for my ownership of a gen 1 ST and as a result, this site. How many weekend do-it-yourselfers are out there looking for something to buy that gets better mileage than their F150/Silverado/Ram, yet will cover the majority of what they need done? Gas may be going up and be on everyone's mind, but people still need to haul some lumber or a load of mulch/dirt/gravel or a dirtbike, tow a boat or camper or whatever and the ST is the vehicle that is just big enough to do this and most other things the average homeowner or outdoor adventure buff needs to do. In many ways the fuel crunch ought to make it a vehicle of choice for even more people at the expense of the full size SUV and truck markets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only seen one on campus at Oakland University last week. I haven't seen any on the dealership lots around here, granted the closest dealership is 90% real trucks cuz I live out in farm country. The one at school was just sitting on the sidewalk out side the student centerrunning. There were a couple girls with it that looked like they were second-choice auto show models, but they weren't talking about it. They just sat next to it in folding chairs, so I didn't bother going and trying to ask questions.

My 2 cents says some of what all others here are saying, and the real underlying fact is that Ford doesn't spend very much or at the least the minimum on the advertising. They don't even put it in the local paper's auto ads here in Dallas with the other Ford trucks! If Ford ever decides to cancel this truck for whatever reason(s), it would be a bad business decision, I too think that the sales reps are clueless about the truck and its mechanics as I have found only two sales reps that knew anything about it. THEY TREAT IT LIKE A STEPCHILD, or worse like it has a plague as it relates to the rest of the Ford products they sell. While at the Dallas Auto Show here in Dallas, the Ford rep told me that most people who looked at the new 07 were already Sport Trac owners, which means they were the only ones looking that way, while all others were probably wondering how long had that truck been in existence. Sad to say it, but what a waste of talent that Ford is letting slip away, as they wonder why some segment are not doing so well.

Bear with me here, I'm almost finished. It seems like Ford always has some other vehicle to tout (the Fusion this time) before they will even acknowledge the ST is all new and much better overall. They are probably afraid that the ST will steal some of the thunder from the F-150 (900,000 plus sales for the past two years) and they can't handle that. Lastly, they won't even openly compare it to the other trucks (????) in its size or class!

Okay, I'm finished for now! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: