2007 ST bad repair history in Consumer Reports. Why?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What year(s) had all the cracking radiator tank issues?

Gen II's have frequent problems with the top plastic cap ot the tailgate coming loose. I have had two replaced under warranty- about to get #3 replacement on my 2010.

Seems like we have had a lot of cracking/pitting/fading paint issues discussed here.

CHMSL (3rd brake light) housings leaking water into the cabin.

Wind noise from doors.

OEM Michelin Cross Terrain tires on '07-08 were wearing out in less than 25k miles.

I wouldn't say the SportTrac is junk, but it has had its share of quality/build issues. I can easily see why it would only get an average rating by Consumer Reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin said:
What year(s) had all the cracking radiator tank issues?

My '08 for one. Replaced on extended warranty. Afterward I replaced the 18 lb. radiator cap with a 16 lb. unit.

Agree with the wind noise. It comes and goes.

Mine came with Goodyears, they were shot at 25k too, which was okay because they were horrible in snow and I didn't mine replacing them.

Alternator.

Three LF hub and bearing assemblies, one RF by 80k. Extended warranty is good because the part alone is almost $300.

No leaking 3rd brake light so far.

The wind noise issue was fixed by Ford and my rubber gaskets were fixed under warranty/ESB by the dealer when I took it in. Dealer was well familiar with the issue and fixed it permanently. That was 25K miles ago and no issue since. Take the vehicle in. They redesigned the rubber door gaskets.

Mine was a 2008 and they redesigned it in 2009 as it was well known issue when I came in. I bet it would not affect 2010 models.

Latest posts