2007 Trac is history

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Traded Trac for something that shifts smooth and has engine that does not clatter.

Good bye to all and thanks.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.

I'd still take the Trac over that anyday, but glad you are happy. Too 0verpriced in my opinion. You pay a lot for the name when it is just a rebodied Colorado.

Actually, the 2007 Trac is not a rebodied Ranger. It is an Explorer.

Nice looking vehicle. Hummers are not my thing, unless it is an H1, but those look nice.

Tom

I can understand your frustration with the Trac, my '07 is starting to get to me too (same issues). I loved my '04 and that's why I got the '07. I thought it would be a nice upgrade and in many regards it is but in other ways, not so much. Oh yea, the mpg is worse than my '04 also.

I don't get it. A member here buys an American car to replace his Trac that he is unhappy with and everyone bashes him.

Another member buys an import after owning his Trac for many trouble free years and everyone is happy for him.

You guys are crazy.

Tom

I have personal experience with my moms H3, only stating what I have helped deal with in her situation. Other then that I know she said it had good power compared to her previous Jeep Wrangler, and got better MPG then her Wrangler too.

the world is crazy :wacko:

but tom, are you not same person who bashes domestics. i.e.: the edge, new trac, c-4 corvettes to name a few.

Gary,

The 1st gen Trac is superior to the 2nd gen. The best part on my Trac is the upgraded throttle by cable design. When I punch the gas, it goes.

The Edge...well.

C4 Corvettes were nothing fancy and styling was bland...to say the least. The C5 and C6 Vettes are works of art. They look stunning and got the muscle to back it up.

What is your point?

Tom

Some of us just find it amusing that someone can consider the H3 an improvement over the Trac.

Sorry, 2nd generation Trac is much better than first generation, unless you like a less refinded and less powered compact truck.

The biggest shame with the H3 is that Generous Motors put a crazy inline 5 cylinder engine in it that doesn't have great power or economy. Why oh why did they not use the excellent and proven 3800 V6?

Why oh why did they not use the excellent and proven 3800 V6?

According to GM, a V6 will not fit in the Colorado. It was designed and engineered by Isuzu and they were thinking on a global scale where small trucks get 4 cylinders and nothing else.

An I5 was an attempt to cover that error.

Tom

What is silly about this is.. If you had the PCM recalibration as is indicated in a TSB from Ford that addresses the above concerns, they go away. I had it done to mine and have several friends that did the same and none of us have ever had those issues again, even over a year later.

But.. glad you found a vehicle you enjoy now. That is what matters. Hope you like the H3 better than the two friends of mine that bought them and got rid of them in less than a year, as they were not what they expected.

To those bagging on you, shame on them. This is why they make different vehicles, everyone likes different things, and your happiness with the vehicle you have is what should matter. I am only sorry that you didn't have your concerns above addressed by a dealer that knew what they were doing, as they could have been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator: