2009 XLT Gen 2 Rear Window won't roll up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lienemannsd

Reaction score
So I made a mistake today of accidentally hitting my rear window down while it was snowing and somewhat iced over. Nothing happened initially. But about 5 minutes later, it rolled down and no longer will roll back up. My initial thought was maybe I burnt the motor out but I don't get why it would have rolled down if it burnt out. Next thing I checked is the fuse and that looks fine. Not sure what to do next other than taking it in to ford dealer. Kind of an immediate fix because we are expected snow and also single digit temps.

I can't find a generation 2 rear window initialization, can only find a gen 1.

Any quick ideas or thoughts on maybe how I can get this to work? No sound comes from it when I try moving up or down.

Shawn

Sounds like you've done everything possible. Probably wouldn't hurt to disconnect the negative battery cable a few minutes and retry. If not, dealer may be your only option.

Owners Manual (Page 75)

Position recovery mode

If the window is stalled in the down position and there are no other system faults, the motor shall relearn its position and resume full functionality.

If the window does not operate correctly, see your dealer for service.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is exactly what I did! Thanks for posting this, got busy last week. I ended up just disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes and then re-connecting.

Latest posts