2010 Blue Adrenalin without grille blackout? SOLVED!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad B

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
I found a 2010 Blue Adrenalin that has a different blackout look on the front. What's up with that? Suppose it was damaged and the shop didn't paint it right? Just curious. BTW I used Todd Z's library to compare. Here's the link

http://www.sunset-ford.com/ford-cars-st-louis/new-2010-ford-explorer-sport-trac-limited-crew-cab-pickup-48347

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen that before! It actually looks nice but perhaps not as distinctive as the black inset version?

WOW, over $44K, I'd guess this is about as high as a ST can get in 2010?

I like it. I prefer the black though. Looks like its a brand new STA? That's pretty strange. I wonder if Ford did something special to it because it was the last one or something?

I wonder if they were running out of parts and had to use some repaired or refurbished pieces.. (When we were in Louisville, we saw where they would pull parts with defects and set them aside) Perhaps they had to repair or use a few of those?

I thought originally that the blackout part of the bumper was part of the grille. I guess not. And the front hood mldg should be black also. That's what makes me wonder if it has been repainted because of damage and the body shop didn't do thier homework.

I am sure it was repainted......

ALSO at 44K.... they can keep it.....

Todd Z

I agree with Todd.. too pricey! That blue does look nice around the grill though.. wonder if that was from the Plant.. maybe they missed it...???

Here's the answer. I emailed just for kicks:

My name is Derrick Wood and I'm the Internet manager as well as your personal assistant through this entire process.

I have reviewed your request and I have that you are interested in the 2010 Ford Truck Explorer Sport.

The owner had them painted to match because he thought it would look better. I think it does.

The price on this will go for:

$41697.50 total after rebates and special paint job.

Derrick

Derrick M. Wood

Internet Manager

Work: 314-467-1197

Cell: 314-348-8122

[email protected]

[email protected]

Sunset Auto Inc.

Good luck on that price! My guess is that he's been sitting on it for awhile and wanted to try something to make it special. But to charge extra for it? Good luck.

he said "the owner" ..so he must be talking about the owner of the dealership.. hmmm, they know nothing about an Adrenanlin.. should have left it alone.. dumbasses!

I'd bet it's a coverup too. I am forever leary of car sales people and for good reason, sure others can relate!

WOW, almost $42 Large for a truck that listed at about $44,500 which has incentives available - awful deal :( Yes, I know the Adrenalin has a following, but I was thinking more like $37K would be a great deal?

B3

42 less 2 or 3 gs for rebate.... You can't get a better deal than that. That's like getting x plan.

You can't buy a 44k truck for 37 that isn't full size pickup IMO. So unrealistic. Unless it's a used truck or the rebates increase it will never happen.

Local dealer near Raleigh NC has 4 or 5 adrenalines on the lot, as cheap as 35g. Wish I was ready to buy one of them

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=49827429&listingRecNum=4&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20015%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21107%26kwm%3DANY%26rd%3D250%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-kw%26zc%3D27519%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26kw%3Dv8%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

HI Psycareyo:

You stated "You can't buy a 44k truck for 37 that isn't full size pickup IMO. So unrealistic. Unless it's a used truck or the rebates increase it will never happen."

Back in July I bought a 4X4 Ltd. V8 with everything but nav for $34,000 that listed for over $40,000. So yes, you can get $6,000 off! However, my truck was technically used with 122 miles which in turn made it a Ford CPO vehicle, so I have a powertrain warranty until 100,000 miles. BTW, on my above referenced deal, I received $3,000 MORE for my trade (a 2008 ST 4X4 XLT) than I paid for it used in early 2009.

With that said, I still believe that $41,700 for a truck that listed for $44,500 is ridiculously overpriced and is benefitting the dealer far more than the customer. Then again, perhaps I am spoiled with getting large discounts by driving up to 1,000 miles to find the right car/dealer.

Just my .02 for what it's worth? Maybe .02? :bwahaha:

IF they painted that, What else did they paint to hide ???

I like it OEM thank you !!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts