2010 Sport Trac AWD Drivetrain Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I going to bring mine to the dealer today to change the transmission bulkhead connector and fluid and filter change on the transmission. Fingers crossed this solves my issue.

Mark, I have a 2005 XLT with 180K miles. At about 120K I started getting a buzz noise on acceleration. I figure its a loose shield but haven't gotten under the truck to find it yet. Could that be your buzzing noise?

Dont think so. It seems to not be an issue when i am in 3rd gear. My overdrive came back today for alittle while. And no noise when overdrive off. Weird

Dont think so. It seems to not be an issue when i am in 3rd gear. My overdrive came back today for alittle while. And no noise when overdrive off. Weird
Now off course the overdrive on/off button not working.

I went to two ford dealerships in NY this morning to try for a transmission service and bulkhead connector replacement. Dealership 1 told me 9/11 was the earliest and #2 said maybe end of next week. Crazy. They said 3 dealerships closed down in the area this year and that is why so busy. I going to study the Fordtechmakeuloco videos on these procedures and attempt myself on Sunday. Have to get the connector, fliter, fluid and the little pump for pumping the fluid in.

NY sucks.... No one wants to work, Cant find anyone and the dealers all control you....

Latest posts