265/75R16 rubbing a little

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Hartman

Reaction score
Just added a 2" TT (new keys) and shackles with 265/75R16. They do rub the front sway-bar on hard left/right turns. I guess I can live with it or get wheel spacers.. It does ride rougher has a bounce to it the new tire did help the ride a little. She looks so much better up in the air. Factory ride height was just way to low to the ground for a 4x4.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

I have 285's on mine and they rub about the same. Replace the sawy bar bushing front and back, and get some longer front end links, it will really improve your ride.

I found what was making the rubbing sound when turning left. The right rear inner fender was rubbing when the body rolled/twisted. With a little trimming with the cut off wheel were all good. javascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':banana:')

looks great man!! reminds me of my old Trac. if you get a chance take a look at my library under "latest" album

I wish I would have seen your earlier post in regards to the Hankook DynaPro ATM tires.

I had them on my trac. loved the tires!!

I would have also told you to go with 33's instead of 32's. that 285/75 really gives it more of that real truck look.

if you have any questions about the suspension let me know. as I replaced a lot of it when I did my lift

Latest posts