276,573 miles and going strong

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorin W

Reaction score
:love:I love my truck... we've been together 12 years already and "we" feel the same way like in our first date [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, especially for a 2001. Care to share your secret? LOL :supercool:

Just past 200K here. Still going strong but the NE salt and rough roads are starting to take a toll. I plan on trading in the spring. Not sure what I going to get to replace the ST. Better gas mileage would be a positive. Looking at a Ridgeline since Ford abandoned the ST.

- always kept clean,

- synthetic oil changed every 6,000 miles since 100,000 miles,

- never abused

- replaced immediately defective parts whenever necessary (engine manifold gasket, rear axle, tie end rods, ball joints, alternator, spark plugs & serpentine belt every 100,000)

Thats cool, Mine just rolled 250,000.

No, I had mine taken care of at 17K, under warranty. Once you approach 200K, you will have to replace your timing chains and with-in the list of things involved with that, your new tensioner's will take care of that rattle you hear.

Wow! My son & I combined put 269k+ miles on my '93 Explorer Sport, but we aren't close @ 17k, 155k & 195k on our current fleet of ST & STA.

Just passed 285,000 last week. Still have the original tensioners. Not as noisy as my wife's Dodge 4.7, so I guess they're ok.

Latest posts