2wd Front Bearing replacement help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Thomas 2

Reaction score
Doing the brakes on the front (2005 2wd), ordered the front rotors, but still need to get the bearings. What exactly is required? The Ford Service manual I have looks like its an inner and outer bearing, and a couple seals. I started to look up the parts online, and found that fordparts.com calls for inner and outer bearing races as well. Why would the service manual not call these out? Was there a design change? Would like some help so I have all the parts when I pull it apart. Thanks!

use the races that come in the rotor. unless your bearings are worn, (blue, scratched, cage bent) I'd re-use the old ones. if they're original, and over 150,000 miles, new one would probably be a good idea, they're cheap. My '02 2wd original bearings went 2000,000, but it got new ones last summer. new seals are a must...

Yeap, that is what the service manual I have looks like. Going online to find parts, I found this off the fordpartsgiant.com website:

1190 is the seal

1201 is the inner bearing

1202 is the inner bearing race cup

1217 is the outer bearing race cup

1216 is the outer bearing

1195 is the bearing retaining ring

Last edited by a moderator: